Binge eaters - How do you stop yourself

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Naturally Baked, Mar 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Naturally Baked

Naturally Baked Active Member

I do good all fucking week. Eggs, Chicken, leans meats, fish, almonds, water only, etc etc...then the weekend. Every week I say "okay, dont fuck it up" and end up eating worse then I did the weekend before. I get in the mindset of "okay, I worked hard all week and deserve a treat now" then that treat turns into "well you fucked it up, minus whale just eat whatever the fuck you want now..."

For instance....this weekend I wanted ice cream. So my strategy of late is to go buy it, get 1-2 servings out and then throw the rest out so Im not tempted. Well I decided I had fucked up and ordered a large pizza and ate the ENTIRE FUCKING THING! Then the day after that my parents came and took me to Bravo. I had 3 FUCKING LOAFS of bread!!!!! Im not even fucking kidding...3 LOAFS! on top of lobster bisque soup and ravoli. :ugh:

I seriously feel like I have a problem. How do you guys stop yourselves from fucking everything up? Do I have to go 2-3 weeks with out cheating and then allow myself a SMALL cheat?

Idk, im really disappointed in myself. I was 175 in October, hit 210 in january and hit 193 this past week and now weigh 195-197 after the binge.

Shit sucks. I guess maybe I could stop being a pussy and have some self control but jesus christ I dont feel like I have any :(

2. TZ

TZ Banned

I eat when I'm hungry and stop when I'm not.

3. cal0621

cal0621 New Member

yeah man tell me about it...every weekend same old story.

4. Ish

Ish New Member

loaves

5. Naturally Baked

:rofl: watthefuckever

6. Naturally Baked

The problem is though that I'll get an impulse to order dominoes or something on campusfood. My credit card is stored on there so all I have to do is go on my computer, select what I want and its at my door in 1/2 hour :(

Or even when going out to eat its really hard to just order a salad or something, though I used to not have a problem with that its slowly become one. I barely keep anything in the house as well, I stopped buying cerial because I would binge on that shit like crazy.

I just need to remember how shitty I feel right now

7. Spur

Spur Boomer

just push the skinny button bro

8. Naturally Baked

I just deleted my credit card off of the site and am planning on never logging in again. I hadn't ordered off of it since december.

Fruits a good idea and I will probably get some grapes/apples and stuff to keep around the house

9. Acciaio

Acciaio New Member

willpower.jpg

But you should change your way of thinking. I eat really healthy 90% of the time like you. There are days when I want to have chicken teriyaki with a friend so I eat chicken teriyaki. I don't feel bad afterwards. It's just fucking food. You shouldn't give a fuck if you eat a pizza. You still eat way better than most people. Unless you are trying to maintain a specific weight for a sport then who gives a shit. If you find your panties get really twisted and bloody after eating junk, just remember that you can always exercise that shit off tomorrow.

Btw my gf is eating pizza right now and I have a bowl of cabbage. CABBAGE! FUUuuuuuu....

willpower, son

10. grimstone

grimstone magic murda bag OT Supporter

eating what you want once a week is not gonna kill you.

11. Naturally Baked

:werd:

Im gonna stick it out and not make the same mistake again. This weekend is easter so it will be hard but hard boiled eggs aren't all that bad for you :cool:

12. Naturally Baked

Yeah I know a cheat meal is okay but I need to change my mindset from "you fucked up" to "okay you had something good...now get on track"

13. Silmatharien

Silmatharien OT Supporter

some weeks it's hard because you end up doing a lot socially and that makes it harder to stick to your diet. Other than that, I just don't buy anything that's not in my regular diet. I haven't cheated since two Saturdays ago since I got pizza with a friend. You get over it eventually. Just stick with it. Initially the cravings are there but they go away if you persevere.

14. jehan60188

jehan60188 New Member

structure your weekends.
    during the week, I work a regular schedule, and structure my meals around that.
    so I've done the same for the weekends- wake up at about the same time as on a weekday, have a breakfast, then get out of the house, and do something productive. this may be errands, or just reading a few chapters of a book, or studying something I'm interested in. but yah, set goals for yourself that you can work towards on the weekends, and that'll add structure to your weekend

(essentially, if you eat when you're bored, stop being bored)

15. Werm

Werm Guest

Stop letting yourself eat bad stuff on the weekends.

16. Fachh

Fachh New Member

i love to binge eat as well

I just don't buy it man then it's all good

once in awhile ain't so bad though if you are working hard in the gym

17. dwarfcat

dwarfcat COLTS FTMFW

all my life ive been prone to binge eatting, lately tho ive changed and I dont know why or how. Maybe devine intervention, maybe im just sick of being a fat ass my entire life. Last time I binged, I felt so sick and disgusted with myself that I threw all the shit up I stuffed down my fat face. Since that day, the urge to go crazy and eat everything like I use to isnt there anymore. I use to go on awe inspiring epic binges of failure, id eat 4 or 5 fast food joints without ever getting out of my car.

18. Naturally Baked

Done that before :sadwavey:

"omg starbucks! I'll get a frap, OMG now i want taco bell!! damn that was good, okay maybe i should just get some wendys since I didnt eat much today anyways" :rofl::rofl::rofl:

19. dwarfcat

dwarfcat COLTS FTMFW

:o
    one of my worst was 3 doubles from mcdonalds, 2 bean burritos/chalupa/3 soft supreme tacos from taco bell and a double cheese/fries and large shake from steak n shake. sickening :hsd:

20. Naturally Baked

that sounds fucking good :o

21. Thomas Crenshaw

Thomas Crenshaw New Member

i have good willpower when i want it. i was able to stop smoking ciggs and pot cold turkey.

But lately ive been eating a shit load. my metabolism used to be fucking flawless but its starting to catch up to me..i would like to nip it in the butt before it becomes a problem (which i am confident that it wont) but in the mean time just if you eat heavy, lift heavier. work that shit off

22. NUDES

NUDES New Member

It's very difficult to out exercise eating too much. Seriously. It's extremely easy to put down ~1-2k cals eating fast food, it's very hard to burn 2k cals through exercise. It would take you hours and hours.

23. Thomas Crenshaw

Thomas Crenshaw New Member

oh of course, im just saying if you eat like a pig, get in the gym and work hard and burn off what you can. ~1 mile of HIIT can burn somewhere between 3-500 cals iirc.

24. Elfling

Elfling New Member

Sounds like you need to plan in some free meals, and maybe not diet so "clean" :dunno:

I've had issues with binge eating my whole life. Through trial and error, I've found that a really restrictive diet is setting myself up for failure, and I've learned to plan in free days every couple of weeks, and allow myself a treat of some sort every day- one drink, or one ounce of chocolate, a skinny cow bar- something so I don't feel totally deprived.

One book I really liked is "The Rules of Normal Eating" by Karen Koenig. Not *all* of it works for me as a psuedo-athlete, but her psychology stuff is quite good.

I also got "Cognitive Behavior for Dummies" and the workbook that goes with it. I've been going through those in spurts. I liked "Binge No More" by Joyce D. Nash, especially when it started talking about anger and repression and binge eating; it did have some interesting case scenarios on the variations of binging/purging/just binging/etc that are applicable to people who don't feel they have an ED but still struggle with self-control.

25. smb is me

smb is me New Member

first:
    props on making this thread. its a hard thing to admit to yourself, let alone throw it up on a forum (even if you don't know any of us and will likely never meet any of us.)

Secondly:
    Sounds like you have your weekly diet in check. Plan your best meals for the weekend. Allow yourself 4-500 more calories per day on the weekend, and this will make it easier to "Design" some quality meals on the weekend.

That way, instead of all week thinking, i'm gonna eat hardboiled eggs and tuna on saturday and sunday, i'm not gonna fuck this up. Then the weekend rolls around and you are like "i'm soooo fucking tired of eggs and tuna. fuck it all to hell. I'm going to have a little ice cream and throw the rest out.....fuck it, done fucked up now. i'm ordering a pizza. And getting into the self-feeding guild cycle associated with that.

So plan your good meals. I'm going to buy a pint of ice cream (plain choco or vanilla). I'll eat half of it (with a few almonds or cashews), then i'll have a healthy meal of eggs and tuna for my 2nd meal of the day. then i'll work out. then for my post workout meal i'll go out and get 1 or 2 pieces of pizza from costco's and finish of the rest of that ice cream.

This obviously isn't nearly as healthy as just being on point with your diet. But it will keep you from binging to the point where you have fucked up you whole weeks worth of progress. By making this the plan and sticking to it, you won't have the shame and guilt of feeling like you fucked everything up, or the empy feeling of not being in control. You WERE IN CONTROL. you had your cheat day, and ate the cheat meals you had planned. now back onto the diet, and the overall week has been a sum positive gain for your physique and for you life.

cheers :big grin:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.