SRS Binge Drinking and Health

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by veneratio, Dec 28, 2007.

1. veneratio

veneratio New Member

I am 27 yrs old and since the time I was about 19 I have been binge drinking. Usually every Friday/Saturday got shit faced. I have always been naturally fit, but recently I see that my stomach has been getting bigger and bigger and I feel bloated a lot especially after I eat (even small quantities) I get blood results every 6 months when I do a physical and they come out good (no elevated liver enzymes). Is it possible that I have severe liver damage due to binge drinking and that is why I feel so bloated? On the other note, while partying like that I already accomplished a lot in my life (college degree with honors, a great job, etc) but I am worried that if I continue at this rate, now I get drunk (sometimes) during the week, It will start to affect my health and my life. So I decided to really cut back and stop going out with my friends all the time to bars and etc. Another note, I always wake up drunk when I drink and sometimes have 2 day hangovers, is that normal?

Thanks.....

2. i killed tupac

i killed tupac New Member

it was my experience that other people didnt use the way i did.

3. MrJClive

MrJClive OT Supporter

You pretty much summed up my story. I binged every weekend, and after college slowly began to drink more during the week, and eventually would black out and miss work the next day. I did this at every job I've had, and lost all of them due to drinking. For me, it got worse. At 27 hangovers lasted for days (unless I'd drink them "away"). After a night (or 5) of binge drinking by the time I couldn't take it anymore and basically passed out for extended periods of time I felt bloated, pickled, and depressed as hell. To this day I haven't perfected sobriety, but I try my damdedest to not drink because I know it'll be worse than the last episode.

I'm not sure about your liver question, as I'm no doc. But you may want to get a physical if it doesn't go away for a while.

4. veneratio

veneratio New Member

Thanks for the response. I basically slowed down my intake by a lot, and even managed to go out last night and have 3 beers from 10pm to 2am while my buddies got shit faced on beer and hard liquor and it was not that hard. I woke up today tired (not enough sleep) but not hung over but still a little bloated. I did get a physical 2 months ago and all the results came out positive.