GUN Bin Laden replica terror gun on sale for $880

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by TL1000RSquid, Feb 9, 2009.

1. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Bin Laden replica terror gun on sale for $880
    February 06, 2009 12:30am
    http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/story/0,27574,25014752-2682,00.html
    [​IMG]
    A REPLICA of an assault rifle often seen with images of the world's most wanted man – Osama bin Laden – is being sold at a western suburbs pawn shop.
    The replica AK-47 yesterday was for sale at a pawnbroker on Findon Rd, Findon, for $880.

Under South Australian law, it is not illegal for businesses to sell replica weapons but the incident has sparked calls from anti-gun activists for a national ban on the sale of replica guns.

AK-47s are used throughout the world and have been described as the "consecrated Taliban weapon".

In several of his video messages distributed to the world, bin Laden, the mastermind of the September 11, 2001, attacks has been filmed holding an AK-47.

Gun Control Australia president John Crook told The Advertiser yesterday selling such replicas put out a "shocking message".

"Weapons such as this, which is essentially what it is, create fear and apprehension in the community and the police should intervene and confiscate the gun immediately," he said.

Roland Browne, of the National Coalition for Gun Control, said "there's no place for replica firearms in our community".

"Somebody can walk into a bank with a replica firearm and cause absolute mayhem," he said.

In December, the Federal Government banned the importation of guns that had a "military-style" appearance.

A spokesman from the SA Police firearms section said yesterday there is no law to stop the sale of replica weapons, such as the AK-47. However, if the buyer "starts waving around the gun and being stupid" they could be charged with weapons offences.

A worker at the pawnbroker, named Rick, said only people with a firearms collector licence could buy the replica AK-47.

"The police are in here twice a day checking our sales records and they make us aware of the potential criminal elements," he said. "But these things don't kill – and it's probably easier for people to get a real gun than a replica."

Police Minister Michael Wright said the State Government was having a "close look" at existing firearms legislation.

"Obviously we are concerned, as are police, about the real difficulty of being able to distinguish replica firearms from the real thing," he said.

:rofl::rofl::ugh::rofl:
    :austraila:

2. LancerV

LancerV Something Happened OT Supporter

Butt stock doesnt look the same

3. jehan60188

jehan60188 New Member

expected an advertisement for over priced AKs
    antis are so sentationalist about guns...

"Weapons such as this, which is essentially what it is, create fear and apprehension in the community and the police should intervene and confiscate the gun immediately," he said.

>_<

4. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

The one he's shooting is a folder, but the actual gun thats in most pics and vids of him is a krink in 5.45.

[​IMG]

Oh and I put a triangle stock on my WASR and in total it all cost me about $350 less then their 'replica' and mine works :mamoru:

5. twistid

twistid Banged By Super Models Moderator

it's a replica silly, it just has to resemble it... and the one he's hold looks like an ak74... can't really tell, with the crappy pic.

6. AVengeance

AVengeance Active Member

So now they'll ban replicas? That's actually slightly more stupid than HI banning folding knives.

7. GlobeGuy

GlobeGuy New Member

He's got a AK47 variant in that pic , you can tell by the 45 degree gas block and the amount of curve in the magazine.

8. Keesh

Keesh New Member

First one is a 'Khyber Pass' 47.

I'd rather have the 74 Krink with the Bakelite 45 round mag.

9. kellyclan

kellyclan She only loves you when she's drunk.

Correct, in the first Osama pic, it's usually known as a Khyber Pass configuration (7.62x39 AKM with a AK74 triangle folder). Although he does usually have a Krink in most of his pics vids.

I thought we'd reached a new level of faggotry, then I saw it was Australia, so it made a little more sense. That whole country confuses me. On the whole, they're generally not pussies, but how they view guns... :ugh:

10. twistid

twistid Banged By Super Models Moderator

i thought it looked weird, but looking at it again... it's just because the pic is kinda scrunched, and grainy. :o

11. GlobeGuy

GlobeGuy New Member

As an owner of AK74, I think AK47 is more fun to shoot.

12. Keesh

Keesh New Member

Really? Most of the guys I know that own both, including myself, like 5.45 better. What 74 do you got? Nothing wrong with 7.62x39, maybe I like 5.45 because it's cheaper :o

13. PC Principle

PC Principle New Member

...Meanwhile their subjects are burning to death over there...

14. GlobeGuy

GlobeGuy New Member

I own a Tantal, that I put a NATO length fixed buttstock on it. I enjoy the recoil on AK47 more. :o

Do you like 5.45 due to less recoil?

15. amac88

amac88 New Member

Its sad that such a great and reliable design such as the AK series has been branded as a "terrorist gun" or "assault rifle used by street gangs"

16. HisXLNC

HisXLNC ๑۩۞۩๑ Hot ๑۩۞۩๑

For what started as an island full of excons, Australia sure has become Land of the Pussies.

17. Keesh

Keesh New Member

I'll admit, AK47s give a nice satisfying push when fired. But yeah, I like the recoil of 5.45 more, especially on full auto with full sized guns with a good brake.