.bin and other file types.

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by invis, Oct 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. invis

invis drag them down

Ok, so I bought Max Payne 2. Worked fine, but it fell off my desk sometime when i wasnt home and somehow got scratched up (probly my puppy thinking it was a toy? i found it nowhere near my desk)

So instead of buying it again, i downloaded it off bittorrent. It downloaded into Disk1 and Disk2 folders

some of the files are .bin files like MP2_play, MP2_install, etc. those are in .rar archives. other files are named things like dev-mp2a.sfv, dev-mp2a.r44, .r45

and 2 files are PARAR files (?)

so, my question is, how do I get this to work? thanks a lot! :hs:

2. Astro

Astro Code Monkey

I'm too lazy to link to the notice.

Although I give you a B+ for effort (I think that was one of the better stories).

Since you "have the disk", contact the publisher - there's either a phone number in the manual or hit their website up. Let them know the disk is scratched (they really won't care why). They'll have you mail it back and they'll mail you out a new one. Problem solved.

And if you're going to bitch about "having the disk" and the right to download the game: The right to play the game is tied directly to the disk it was published on. You lose the disk. You lose the rights to play the game. This is why you can contact the publisher and have them send you a new one (should only cost you postage too).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.