Bike owners please respond...

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by LUDECHRIS, Apr 18, 2002.

1. LUDECHRIS

LUDECHRIS Guest

Hey guys, im looking to get a bike for school. Nothing expensive, 1500 or under. I just want something street legal, to take me from my apartment to school which is less than 5 miles away. Any suggestions? Also, i wanted to know how much the cheapest insurance would be for a 20 y/o w/ a clean record living in So. Cal. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2002
  2. LUDECHRIS

LUDECHRIS Guest

OK...NOW THAT IVE RESEARCHED A LITTLE ....IM KINDA LEANING TOWARDS A NINJA. i WAS THINKING MAYBE 250 CAUSE ITS PRETTY AFFORDABLE....OR DO YOU THINK I SHOULD GO FOR A 500? iM 6'0", 180LBS. IM SURE INSURANCE WOULD BE A LOT CHEAPER ON THE 250. :confused:

3. Vtec44

Vtec44 OG!

Since you're 6', a used 500 is a better choice. Although I prefer the full-fairing looks of the 250. Take a MSF course if you haven't, leave some money to buy proper gear. BTW, I live in So Cal too...

4. k27-R

k27-R gooood....goooood...

ninja 250 or yamaha seca II. the 250 will get you better gas milage though if that makes any difference to you.

5. TRD

TRD Guest

get a 500 ninja if u can afford one of not get the 250 ninja

6. Rollinit

Rollinit Watch the Lines

Go with the 250, I own one and its a perfect commuter bike. Check out this website for some info on them www.ninja250.com

7. crazy__mike

crazy__mike Guest

I own a 97 Ninja 500, and I love it

First off I would have to say take the motorcycle course in your area. I did and I got a discount on my insurance and all. So that will help you out with money. Then do some more research on the gear your going to be purchasing, helmet, jacket, pants and all. Your going to need it, and doing worry to much about the price because your going to own it for the rest of your life. I'm at 6.0 and 192 pounds, and my ninja is perfect for me. I would like a more powerful bike but I've only been driving for less then a year. So I need more time.

:big grin:

8. SBandit4

SBandit4 If shit hits the fan, just make sure you have a go

I`d have to agree, you should take the msf, you`ll get a discount. After that, you should join the AMA so you will get another discount another discount. You should consider the bandit 400 too. [email protected] only 400cc, but it`s got alot of pep.