bike locks?

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by willisJ, Aug 28, 2004.

1. willisJ

willisJ what u talkin bout?

Anybody have any good suggestions for a bike lock.. I live outside a major city, not high crime, but not the 'burbs either. Since i'm stuck with street parking i've been looking for a good bike lock for piece of mind.. any suggestions would be appreciated.

thanks

willis

2. truth

truth Don't just stand there, bust-a-move!

Your best bet is to lock the bike to something...not just a disc lock, because that doesn't stop thieves from picking up your bike and putting it in the back of their truck..

Kryptonite makes a bunch of different locks...their best one being the NY Fahgettabouit chain which seems to be uncuttable. It's about $100 for their 5' or so chain, though

3. BrassPremier

BrassPremier New Member

ya, that NY chain looks great to use, and for more backup, a disc brake lock, and obviously, lock your front forks. and try to park in areas that are well lit at night, and hard for a pickup truck to back up near

4. At home: both bikes with forks locked, kryptonite disc locks, kryptonice chain through front wheel of one and rear wheel of the other with a pole in between, both with bike covers

While I'm out: Just a disc lock since I don't leave the bike alone for a long time...

5. 2K-2.5RS

2K-2.5RS No caffeine - No function

I suggest good insurance. If they want it they'll take it.