bike for beginner..

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by React, Nov 22, 2002.

1. React

React Still Strong

I really want a r6 for my first biek but i dont know if ill kill myself with one. Ill drive safe but u never know. neways whats a good beginner sportbike to start on?

2. Indy48

Indy48 Flying > *

Certainly NOT an R6. And whatever you do, do not buy a new bike or really nice bike as your first one, cause you will most likely screw it up / drop it / lay it down while you're learning. My first bike was a 1982 Yamaha 650 Maxim, a small - mid sized cruiser, I bought it for $570 and beat the shit out of it, but it didn't matter. I learned a lot from that bike, and then after a year I finally bought the bike you see in my avatar. So get something cheap and not great looking with not too much power.

3. YAMOTA

YAMOTA Guest

nah, get a brand new Hayabusa, that's the perfect bike for you

4. Vtec44

Vtec44 OG!

In my opinion, an old and heavy bike will be a good beginner's bike, something like the Katana 600. Why? It will teach you how to handle the weight, power, and all the basics on riding. When you upgrade to one of those newer 600cc sportbikes, you'll appreciate it more. Just make sure you take the MSF course first. Good luck!

5. 4cd-Air

4cd-Air Rape seemed like the next logical step

I had a Ninja 600 as my first, and that was perfect. Heavy but light, powerful but not too much. NOT an R6 though.

6. jb

jb Guest

Dude get an R6 you pansy thats what I started out on...

7. Snafu

Snafu more than meets the eye

Have you ever ridden a bike before? If not, start off with a small bike. Take a MSF class and then maybe a yr later get what ever you want.

I started off on a Honda Rebel, but I learned a lot. My current bike is a Ducati Monster.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. dontothejuan

dontothejuan New Member

and put a turbo on it

9. After you take the MSF, look through some classifieds, go to some dealerships get on some bikes. Find the right bike for you. Your first bike won't be your last. Go find yourself a beater bike you can thrash around.