Bike alarms...

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by RaBicaN, Oct 4, 2004.

1. RaBicaN

RaBicaN New Member

Hey my initial thoughts was to park my bike on the side of my house but after using it a few times i relized its way to much of a pain and it was going to screw the grass up alot so i put it in the parking lot.

Lately my bros car cd player/radar has been robed and 2 of my other neighbors had their cars broken into.

My bike as of now has a wheellock on it and bikecover over it so i was thinking i should probually buy an alarm system.

Anyone have any ideas best bang for your buck systems with pager system so ill be able to know if system goes off when im sleeping with the pager.

Thanks

2. NoXeN

NoXeN You can find me up on one

scorpio makes a great alarm with a pager

3. RaBicaN

RaBicaN New Member

4. mnewell

mnewell Lucy.

5. RaBicaN

RaBicaN New Member

hehe thanks i pm'ed him saying 200, id rather spend less 200$ then 250 and get some more features...

just want a good alarm with pagers.

Thanks tho mnewell!

6. fyp619

fyp619 New Member

you're going to lock it along with alarm right? because thieves can just load it into a van and then they're out. you should make it as difficult as possible so that it can buy you time. i would be really scared to leave my bike out w/o a garage. :(

7. RaBicaN

RaBicaN New Member

Yes ill use both alarm and lock...yes im scarred right now :...(

8. NoXeN

NoXeN You can find me up on one

get comprehensive coverage if youre so worried

9. RaBicaN

RaBicaN New Member

id rather just protect it, insurance sucks they raise your rates for everything...

10. RaBicaN

RaBicaN New Member

or even very good non pager system...? not sure if i want to spend 300+ on an alarm :-\

11. mnewell

mnewell Lucy.

To be honest, I don't see too many stolen baby ninja stories. It's usually the newere sport bikes that get stolen.

I guess you could always transfer the alarm from bike to bike. :dunno

12. RaBicaN

RaBicaN New Member

ya thats what the plan was transfer system over...

13. RaBicaN

RaBicaN New Member

what about systems without pagers? best non pager systems under 200! hehe

14. fyp619

fyp619 New Member

if i were gonna spend money on a system, i'd make sure to get a pager too. people don't even care these days anymore when they hear a siren.

15. mnewell

mnewell Lucy.

Get the pager so when it goes off you can grab you baseball bat and beat the shit out of whoever is trying to jack your ride. I fucking hate thieves... :mad:

16. Ghost Load

Ghost Load i'll see your kidcarson and geekboy and raise you OT Supporter

leave the key in it and put a disc lock on it = surprise! teach them the hard way.

17. MWHC22

MWHC22 Bier/Deutsch/Homebrew/ Packers/Blackhawks/Outdoor

well i just solved my problem with my R6 buy having 2 theft policies on it. i have full coverage on the bike since i haven't paid it off yet...and a 5 year $5000 theft insuranc policy that is indipendant of my insurance. it cost me like $250 or so when i baught the bike. so if my bike gets stolen.....ill get like $10,000 combined from the 2 policies...its all legal and legit too. my R6 only cost a touch over $8,000 too....so i just leave it wherever i feel like it and if someone steals it...fuck i don't care i just go buy another one....and even make profit off it too.

18. baloop

baloop Guest

just spend the extra money and get the scorpio. i got mine for $255 otd with just the basic features. i think it's the best investment i've spent on my bike. it gives me peace of mind (even if it may be false) and it should at least deter a couple of would be thieves. i usually don't sleep until 5am at the earliest, so i'll most likely be awake and ready to run outside with a bat in hand if a thief ever tries to steal my bike. if i didn't have this alarm, they could steal my bike while i'm awake and i wouldn't even know it even though my bike is about 30 ft from my room.
    for me, just adding comprehensive to my insurance plan would add an extra $1,250 a year and so that was out of the question since that would mean i would be paying MORE for insurance than my bike payments. just spend that $250-300 on an alarm and the good thing about it is it will last a long time and you can transfer it to your future bikes.

19. MWHC22

MWHC22 Bier/Deutsch/Homebrew/ Packers/Blackhawks/Outdoor

holy crap o mighty high insurance!!!!!!!!!!!! my insurance is damn high and its still not bigger than my payments. thats insane. but yeh i wouldn't get full coverage either if it cost me that much more than liability. i know a bunch of harley dudes that all have pimp alarms on there bikes. with tilt sensors and all....no key in ignition=alarm goes off if the bike is tilted off its kickstand. also most of them get sperate batteries for the alarms too so even if the wires are cut it will still go. but they really expensive ones though.

20. baloop

baloop Guest

yeah, and that was the best insurance quote i could find :hs:
    however, i heard state farm has incredible rates if you have your car insured with them. all of my family's cars are insured with state farm, so i'm gonna check that out. some local guy told me he's a new rider, 1 point on his record, 2004 600rr and full coverage is only $400 or so a year :eek:

21. DJMunich

DJMunich American Eurotrash

Details on this?