SRS Biggest "love" issue i have ever faced...help

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by shocker2, Jan 14, 2005.

1. shocker2

shocker2 New Member

Ok this isn't the first time postin about my love issues so don't hate on me if you dont want to give real advice then don't bother reading further...

Situation: I just got back from a work based trip to Disney World, we stayed at a resort in Disney and well i met this girl down there that is like the perfect girl in my eyes, we had everthing in common and most importantly the things that i desired the most were in common. Anyways we hung out and talked for the 4 days that i was there nothing really happened between us but we just connected

Problem: I have been dating my current girlfriend for 3.5 yrs and i go down to Disney meet this girl above and now i am all messed up in the head, my girlfriend and i have had our share of problems and i am getting fed up easier and easier...i know i am pretty much stating my own answer but the underlying problems are that my girlfriend has become slightly suicidal with out me and really "needs" me...the only problem with the other girl is that she lives in Utah...um that is like a 24hr drive away...she is moving to NC which is between 5-7hrs from me...
    Overall: I do love my girlfriend but i just wonder if i wouldn't be happy elsewhere, i also seem to be avoiding displayn my emotions with her ever since i got back from this trip...i don't want to hurt my girlfriend and i don't want to loose this other girl...up until this trip i thought my girl was the "one" we just were going to have a rough ride to get there...i also haven't told her about this other new girl yet

What should i do...what would you do...any advice...

Thanks

2. Bella

Bella New Member

Yep I'd have to agree. Once you question it, it's time to get out. Also before you met this girl you said that you were getting more and more fed up, well that was beginning sign.to things to end. Unfortunatly she really needs to get some help if suicide is becoming an issue. Its not your responsibility to make sure she's "healthy". Whatever you do I wouldn't tell her about this other girl if she's already has suicidal thoughts. Good luck man, your in a tough situation but remember even though you may love her you can't take on her dependency issues. Ie if you leave she's going to commit suicide. Once again good luck :)

3. Dethfat

Dethfat New Member

i say stay with the girl you are with now

4. FLY-FAST

FLY-FAST OT Supporter

If you think you'd be happier with the other girl - then I think you should pursue the relationship. What about discussing your 'connection' with the girl from Florida? Do you know if she's potentially interested?

As far as your current girlfriend - it's concering that that she is 'slightly' suicidal. It sounds like she has codependence issues, and probably has several issues in her past you haven't mentioned. Probably best to work your way out of the relationship, you want someone who is supportive of you, not who needs you to support them wholy...

5. BradUF

BradUF Guest

Your girlfriend sounds a little off, no offesive my ex was too. Sounds like you want a normal healthy relationship. Instead of dealing with some girl thats depressed all the time and brings you down with her.

6. Original

Original OT Supporter

Long distance relationships can be a pain.. but most people can make them work. You would probably be better off pursueing the new girl. Do you have her number and all? She may not be completely into you so you better get some things settled before you completely ditch your current girlfriend. Can you be sure she wasn't just looking for a little fun in Florida and maybe doesn't want anyone back home?

Like Fly-Fast said.. discuss your connection between the girl. How well did you two hit it off and was she in to you as much as you were into her? You obviously see a lot more potention in this other girl so I'd start trying to figure things out between you and her.

7. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

At any rate this disney girl seems to be 'wishfull thinking' ,and she lives apparantly a long way away, and your GF really needing you at the moment, i think you are as much as well trapped in the current situation as you are. Your GF might need to go to a psychiatric clinic or other facility to deal with her suicidal tendency's she needs you so i think it would be better not to be selfish at this moment and to guide her into the proper institutions before you decide to break up with her. You can't help her over her suicidal feelings, your simply not qualified to give help that requires such expertise, therefore it would be to my best advice that if you decide to pursuede the disney girl you first have to handle of the current situations that you have at your sleeve, see you cant mix these things, first things first. ALways break up with your current gf, before you start with a new-gf. But this is a special case , because you first have to guide your gf into the proper mental institution, after you did that, and broke up with her under the exuse that she is not mentally stable enough to maintain a relationship, you are free to go where you want to go, but please don't Drop her like a brick :hsugh:

8. RyeBread

RyeBread If you tell the truth you don't have to remember a

:werd:

it's human nature to question, doubt, and "what if".

The difference is if you've made up your mind already to leave, and keep stringing her along cause you're a coward and don't want to face a confrontation, or be the bad guy.

Or if you are "testing the waters". IF you get to the point of testing the waters, do the honorable thing and be honest, open and get out first.