big trouble...i lost my emails at work...what to do!!

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by speedlife, Jan 27, 2003.

1. speedlife

speedlife Guest

ok guys,
    i came in this morning (monday) and logged in as usual. something seemed different. it looks like my profile crapped out. i have never seen this and i have no idea why it would do that. i am running win 2000.
    well, it lookslike all my favorites and email is lost. LOST!!! the it guy here tried to recover it and it is totally gone now. even the corrupted file is gone and i dont know what he did with it.

how can this happen? does this happen? any way i can try to recover my emails that he might not have checked? i did a search for .pst files on my computer. is the email file in any other format?

we are not runnig exchage here. the email program is outlook

2. 5Gen_Prelude

5Gen_Prelude There might not be an "I" in the word "Team", but

Could the email be on the network drive? That's where I keep mine (as it gets backed up there). It is a .pst file though.

3. speedlife

speedlife Guest

there is no backup on the network. we dont have exchange. our email is handled by a third party.

i came in this morning and my computer was all messed up. im trying to find out if anyone was on my machine from friday till monday. is there a way to check?

4. 5Gen_Prelude

5Gen_Prelude There might not be an "I" in the word "Team", but

yeah, event viewer security and system logs if they're active. What I meant is the PST file stored on the network - it doesn't necessarily have to run locally even the way you are running (simple POP3 server).

5. speedlife

speedlife Guest

my pst file is not on the network. :(
    i checked norton unerase and it shows some activity over the weekend. im not sure if the activity has anything to do with the corruption.

i took some screen shots of unerase. anyone mind taking a look at it?