Big Screen Tv dilemma

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Mystery Guest, Jan 29, 2004.

1. Mystery Guest

Mystery Guest New Member

My girlfriends sister gave me her Big Screen Toshiba Tv, I'd say its about 56 inches. :eek3d:

Big problem.. I have a sleigh bed in my room that blocks about half of the TV screen when you try to watch it. :o

Does anyone know if I can buy, or where I can buy a tv stand for a big screen tv that will raise it about 2 feet?

My other option is finding a chest and set the tv on the chest to raise it :ugh:

I can't stick it in my living room as I already have a 56 inch RCA in there.

2. threeclaws

threeclaws R.I.P.

Why not just build a platform for it?

If you don't have the tools for it go check at your local video store, they should have some kind of big screen stand, it may not be designed for your TV but they should have something that works.

3. Jazz

Jazz Powerhouse of the Scrum

4. Mystery Guest

Mystery Guest New Member

Thanks for the links.. :bigthumb:

If anyone has any more ideas let me know. I found a tv stand for another big screen tv but they wanted $400... I really don't want to spend more then $200 :x:

5. StevesVR4

StevesVR4 Get Arrested

Based on what I have read about the different TV manufacturers, you would probably be better off putting the RCA in your bedroom and putting the Toshiba in your living room. Now, that assumes you will be using the living room set more. The Toshiba is most likely going to be a lot better then your RCA. Just FYI.

6. Mystery Guest

Mystery Guest New Member

:werd: The Toshiba kills the RCA in regards to picture quality and construction. Even the speakers sound much better :bigthumb: For a normal size Tv RCA's are great, but the projection screens are terrible :wtc:

Only reason I have the RCA in the living room is b/c it's silver and matches my components and the entertainment center.

7. edrox

edrox A good man, and thorough

You can build a decent platform for under $100. All you need are some 2x4's, some thick plywood, adnd something to cover it in (carpet, vinyl, formica - even paint). Plus, doing it this way, you can get it the exact height you want