MMA big foot is going to own the cali commission

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by The Ripper, Jan 15, 2009.

1. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

Its funny we were talking about this at bjj today and one of the guys that rolls with us is a Dr. he said when he read the article he laughed his ass off because once he found out that silva had acromegaly he instantly knew that silva was innocent. This whole situation is getting more and more riddiculous. I honestly beleive this guy wasnt on the juice.

The commission is overstepping its boundaries and trying to throw their power around. I hope that Big foot continues to fight over seas and make money over there while he goes to war with these idiots. I hope he manages to beat the commision.

2. kroneX

kroneX New Member

Im not doctor, but if what you said about your friend doctor is true I am going to side with him.

Yeah the commission can get a bit out of hand sometimes...

edit: wait didn't they try busting the maniac for juicing at some other point earlier in his career?

3. Atmosphere

Atmosphere PURPLE DREAM

sylvia was busted for juicing

he admitted to it though, and hindsight he said that he did it for vanity reasons

you don't get shredded like sylvia naturally

4. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

yeah, he said he wanted to get leaned out that fag. he is a pro fighter and doesnt know how to lose weight or gain muscles or hire a trainer to help him do so .... epic failz

5. SCirone

SCirone Moderator

No, he is going to get owned. The supplement states that it will cause a false positive for it. He still took it and didn't list it on his sheet pre-fight. He was in the wrong, he won't win shit

6. dragomungus

dragomungus New Member

giant dot

7. kilian

kilian You've got quite a treasure there in that Horadric OT Supporter

There's no difference between testing positive for a banned substance and neglecting to disclose use of a legal substance that can impair testing legitimacy?

Seems to me there is a big difference there, which is what his lawyers are arguing.

8. SCirone

SCirone Moderator

He had the opportunity to say that he used that supplement and he didn't. That multivitamin excuse is bullshit. Now he has to prove that he didn't take the steroids, which he can't

9. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

From what Ive been reading all he really has to do is prove that he was indeed taking those suplements. If he does that he doesnt have to prove he wasnt taking steroids. The burden of proof is then placed on the athletic commision. What his lawyer is arguing is that they could prove that he was taking said suplement and that the athletic commision still suspended him and said that he had to prove he wasnt taking steroids and placed the burden on him when it is written and expressed that it isnt his responsibility to do so.

I hope he does win this because I beleive the athletic commsions have far to much power and discretion when it comes to situations like this. I dont beleive in fighters using banned substances but I also dont beleive the commision should be able to ban some one from fighting outside of the U.S. and outside their region. If other commisions decide they want to uphold their decisions thats great and I agree with that but they shouldnt penalize fighters because some one else doesnt give a crap.

The main issue I have with U.S. sanctioning bodies has to do with corruption and unfair bias rulings. Sean Sherk and Hermes both popped positive after a drug test. Sean Sherk raised hell and flexed legal muscle and essentially prooved his case with polygraph, testing and a shit load of other evidence and the athletic commission merely cut his sentencing in half. Then the comment to back up the ruling bassicaly was them saying yeah we might have been wrong we know you have evidence to prove that we were wrong but we still think you did it so your still getting 6 months of suspension.

IMO it doesnt matter what you think if some one has proof that they didnt do it, and overwhelming proof at that your opinion shouldnt matter. Imagine of judges in the court system worked in the same manner. Then you have Hermes who did the stand up thing, admitted he was wrong and wanted to man up and do the right thing by himself and the commission and they gave him the full year suspension. If anything they should have cut him a break for manning up and being respectful to the commision.

10. SCirone

SCirone Moderator

No, had he written down that supplement, the burden of proof would have been on the athletic c omission. Since he didn't, now the burden of proof is on him to prove that he was only taking that supplement and not the steroids