biceps arent growing/getting stronger at the same pace...

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Marijuanair, Sep 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marijuanair

Marijuanair Remember to have your pet spayed or neutered! OT Supporter

...as the rest of my body. I think I porpusely kind of went light on them over the last year because I always feel like such a highschool queer doing curls and other arm exclusive exercises :coolugh:

As stupid as the above paragraph is, lets forget I wrote it and move on. Any advice to get my arms stonger? My pull ups and dips (not bi, I know) are making amazing progress from when I first started lifting, I couldnt do 3. Now I'm doing sets of 10 on the pull ups and sets up 12-15 on dips. My arms feel a little bigger all around, but my biceps just dont feel like they are going as the same pace. My curls suck, I cant do 75lbs more than a few reps on seated easy bar curls. Any stength advice for arms? thanks guys.

2. Abomb

Abomb New Member

skull crushers and dips for tris have been giving me pretty awesome results

the compound movements I do + preacher bar curls or just standing bi cep curls h ave been getting my bi's stronger

Id drop the weight from 75 lbs and do sets of 10-15 reps if you enjoy the seated easy bar curls and build up from there. and on that note, id work the bis 2-3 times a week.

3. Paintballny

Paintballny New Member

I do 3-4 sets of curls twice a week (squat/dl days) and thats it. Amusingly enough my bis have grown. To be honest I'd just concentrate on getting bigger triceps as they make up the bulk of your arm.

4. hootpie

hootpie New Member

Incline DB curls, concentration curls, and BB curls all with really strict form. Make sure when you hit the peak of the curl, you really squeeze the bicep.

5. Marijuanair

Marijuanair Remember to have your pet spayed or neutered! OT Supporter

Triceps are growing nicely already :coold:

Thanks for advice guys, but it's pretty much what I already do :sad2: I just want to work on strength more currently, I feel like such a pussy being a pretty inshape guy struggling with two 10's on each side of my ezbar :noes:

6. Genghis.Tron

Genghis.Tron New Member

Apparently, static holds are a great way to get some hypertrophy. If you're doing 3 sets, at the last rep of each set you can do a static hold at different points of the movement while concentrating on squeezing the muscle.

7. DatacomGuy

DatacomGuy is moving to Canada

Word mofos...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.