bi-wire or not??

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by mixwell, Dec 28, 2001.

1. mixwell

mixwell weakkutz

i have energy xl26's for my fronts, i was wondering if anyone of you ever bi-wired your system. I have heard that it separates the high and lows well, but not sure if i want to spend the money to do it :big grin: I am runnin audioquest bedrocks. Just wanna make sure my money is well spent.

2. Simple

Simple Sexy Beatch

you mean bi-amped?

3. Kazmont

Kazmont Active Member

Those spears are so kick ass! I have those and XL15s for the rear and XL C2 for my center. I love them!

I havent tried bi-wiring yet.

4. mixwell

mixwell weakkutz

nice i got xl16s for my rears and ac 300 for center. yeah grumpy i was thinking about bi-amping too. Some people are with bi-wire and some are not, like all audio its all about taste and ill go with trying it out. wont hurt, cause if i like bi-amping more than ill still have cables anyways :bigthumb: thanks for the input

5. mixwell

mixwell weakkutz

So which do you use, horizontal, or vertical. Sounds like vertical will sound nice but then i will need more amps! more amps=more cash

6. mixwell

mixwell weakkutz

Thanks bro that really helped me out a lot. Yeah horizontal does sound better, since it is making the speaker wire distance shorter. I was thinking though since there are two amps, how would i connect them, for example if i wanna connect my dvd player to it, how would i get them to work in sync? would i need a separate unit? or would i need to connect two audio outs?

7. Nosamk

Nosamk Guest

I have my center and mains bi-wired with audioquest type-6; I noticed a difference when I switched from the monster cable I had been using....