SRS bfs away at a camp

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by big 1, Jul 5, 2006.

1. big 1

big 1 New Member

Bascally, this is the situatioin: my SO has accepted a new job that needs him to go away to camp 400kms north (we live in canada). he goes away for 8 days and then comes back for 5 days. He has no cell phone signal, so i cant contact him....this will go on until septembe. When he did attempt to call me tonite, thephone went in and out and i could barely hear him... (thiswas at like 9pm)... i couldnt hear what he was sayng and i heard othe women laughing in the backgound.then he hung up....
    question is: should i be concened? or am i being an ovepotective gf?

PS. me and my bf both use his login, you may ealize that sometimes we post as a girl or guy, and its obvously the girl part posting..........lol

2. johan

johan Active Member

Insufficient information to determine.

You have only described the barest minimum of your circumstances, and nothing of the quality, health and overall tenor of your relationship along with his general character and expectations of what a 'relationship' means to this guy.

Also useful would be both your ages, duration of relationship and extent of previous relationships.

3. TeddiBearHug

TeddiBearHug New Member

Based on what you wrote here. If there was a reason to be secretive, he would have made sure to be away from the laughing women before he called you. He may not have had a private phone, and was in a public place, where other people were allowed to be. Unless he was calling from his private room - don't be stressing on the background sounds you heard.

4. big 1

big 1 New Member

weve been dating for 3.5 years, hes 22 im 20...the past 8 months have been completely smooth (ie. no major fights..)

5. TeddiBearHug

TeddiBearHug New Member

I wouldn't worry about the facts you wrote here. Like I said - he obviously wasn't being secretive. Only you would know if he's an in-your-face-with-crap kinda guy. If he isn't - then it was just other people in the room where the phone is at.

6. onslaught61

onslaught61 OT Supporter

it's not like he's shutting his phone or anything. doesn't seem like hes doing anything that should cause suspicion.

7. johan

johan Active Member

I doubt there is much cause for concern.
    Be there for him but try hard not to pester him or annoy him with a need for constant "updates", i.e. monitoring his actions on the pretext of just calling to say hi...twice a day.
    You get the picture.

As for other girls laughing in the background, well, what's so unusual about that?

Believe me, if he were truly hiding something, he'd go off to some place deathly quiet in order not to arouse any suspicions.

That would not apply ONLY if he didn't care about you or what you thought, or what you heard.

However, since he does seem to care about you (according to your descriptions), my best guess is that everything is fine.

So enjoy your summer. When he visits...show him how much you love him.
    There won't be room in his dehydrated body to think about other girls.
    If you catch my meaning...

8. TeddiBearHug

TeddiBearHug New Member

Don't let your emotions about the fact that you miss him so much cause a problem. Let him know you miss him without having it become a major jelousy issue.

9. big 1

big 1 New Member

Thanks, everybody, especially Johan...youve made me realize that i am getting suspicious over nothing. now the other question becomes...how do i enjoy my summer without him herea?? :S

10. onslaught61

onslaught61 OT Supporter

occupy yourself. have you got a job? go out with friends more? the more fun you have, the less you'll keep thinking about how much you miss him.