bf is in basic training.....

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Pheanyx, May 2, 2005.

1. Pheanyx

Pheanyx Guest

... and I haven't heard from him since before he left. I just wanted to know if anyone here has been through basic before and if they give you a way to say email or call or write to people when you're there. I mean, he hasn't been gone very long but I miss him alot and really want to get in contact with him.:wtc:

Any comments on this would help ease my mind alot. And if it helps, he is in training for infantry, and will be gone a total of 15 weeks. Thanks alot.

2. jbuffethed

jbuffethed Member

I dont know if this is the right forum, but, I went through the USAF basic a few years ago. With us you get a phone call to give family or whoever your address. You will be able to receive mail and get to make phone calls if you and your trainees are good, but that was the air force. Different in each branch.

3. rcd141

rcd141 New Member

USMC-- First time I had time to write was about 3 weeks in.

4. Pheanyx

Pheanyx Guest

Thanks, so I'll try not to be too worried until he's been gone about 4 weeks, he is about 3000 miles away so the mail takes time.

If it helps at all, he is in the Army National Guard.

And thanks again, that ease my mind a bit.

5. Two toys

Two toys New Member

for the army basic training youll start hearing from him at about 4 or 5 weeks.. dont worry i gaurantee he wants to talk to you just as much if not more than you want to talk to him...

6. Diedemus

Diedemus Google is my HMO

national guard shouldnt be 15 weeks, usmc was 13 weeks when I was in in 98'. at the end of boot we had like a 2 week leave before we went on to school for our jobs, then we shipped out to where we were stationed. I know they were changing alot of things when I was on my way out though.

edit: national guard boot is 8 weeks, schooling varies based on job, and aparently now you go directly to your schooling after boot.

7. Pheanyx

Pheanyx Guest

Well, all I know is that he volunteered for the infantry division. I don't know what goes into it, he just said he'd be gone for 15 weeks. Maybe there is schooling he needs to go through that I didn't know about, but I'm hoping it's all wraped up into those 15 weeks because I miss him more then I thought I would, and not hearing from him is really hard.

8. chica&buddies

chica&buddies Active Member

:sad2: i'm pretty sure he's thinking boutcha so no worries :)

an ex of mine was in bootcamp (usmc) back in the day (~5 years). it took a lot outta him. :( they don't have a lot of time to do much... all their free time is devoted to the short amount of time they get to sleep...

9. Bounty15

Bounty15 OT Supporter

Yep, I can assure you he is thinking of you. Don't worry about not hearing from him. Not much time is available for corresponding with the outside world during Basic. It'll get better once it's over.

10. PunkInDrublic

PunkInDrublic Active Member

Being around all that sausage, I can't imagine him not wanting to hear your voice.

11. lilceez112

lilceez112 New Member

my bro was in the air force and he wasnt able to call until at least the 2-3 week away.

12. The Scientist

The Scientist New Member

It's awhile before you get to hear from them. I want to say it was about 3-4 weeks before I heard anything. I believe they're able to e-mail sooner than calling. :hs: Hang in there, you'll hear from him as soon as he can possibly get around to it I'm sure. It's not that he doesn't care or want to get in contact with you; it's just that he can't right now. :hug:

13. Hoodoo

Hoodoo OT Supporter

It'll come before too long. I wouldn't expect it until after his 3rd week or so.

14. hooahrcr

hooahrcr Chris_Hearn

no Its NINE weeks plus 1 week of recepition. i got to write after the 6th week dont worry sweetie

15. Pheanyx

Pheanyx Guest

Good news, well at least for me, I got a letter from him today, and he's only been gone a little over a week. I was amazed, but oh so happy. He can't email or call, but he can write (even if I can't always read his handwriting), but I can't write back for 3 weeks. Not sure why on that one, but I think I'll live. And I'm having to make myself not write a letter everynight, down to every other night. Mostly because I know he wont have too much time to read them all. And this isn't my journal so I'll finish this little rant there. Thanks so much to everyone who helped me ease my mind.

16. Lurker111

Lurker111 New Member

When I was in Army basic nearly 10 years ago we couldn't use the phones for the first few weeks (and then only if we do well in all areas). I do remember writing was allowed on the first Sunday when they gave us 2 hours of free time (some went to church, others wrote letters and worked on uniforms/lockers but you don't even get to sleep during this time).

17. Big Red

Big Red New Member

Actually when i went through basic in 99 it was hard for me to get to a phone bc of the amount of peopple there all in line trying to get to a phone. And if he is still in REception he barely has time to shit.Trust me my hubby was in reception for like a month. It just depends on the time of year you go, and this is the time of year there are alot of people going through, just be patient and dont hound him.

18. Pheanyx

Pheanyx Guest

YAY!! I'm so happy, he got to call today. Didn't talk to him for very long, something went wrong witht the line. But thats ok, I've been getting letters from him and he says there are more on the way. And I think he said he'd "be able to call back some other time", but I'm not positive because the line got really messed up. But at least I got to hear from him. Thanks everyone for your advice.

19. Budha

Budha Guest

I also went to USMC bootcamp... I had so many friends with girls back home and they just brought them down so much... Do your BF a favor, tell him you miss him etc, but dont get upset in the letters because that will get him upset and IMO screw him up. Be prepared to see him for about a week, and your relationship will probably end after that. He will be going to Iraq or somewhere in the distant future. Do you really want to put yourself through all of that BS? Military guys get deployed and have to go to training in various parts of the country/world all the time. This will really put a toll on you. Dont even think about getting married either, because I think the statistics are like 90% divorce rate if you get married within the first 4 years... Do you really want to become a military wife also, wher eyou are stuck at home with all of the other wives hating life and watching the kids while they worry about their husbands getting killed or maimed for life? You need to really think about all of these things while he is gone for the 3 months. I know you will probably take this advice and be like he doesnt know what he's talking about, or I love him too much. Just be prepared for heartbreak and a lot of rough times ahead. And while he's away on deployment for 6 months to a year, you honestly think he's gonna be able to contain himself and not get w/ other woman etc? Food for thought.

20. Two toys

Two toys New Member

shut the fuck up

21. Big Red

Big Red New Member

Man, a lil pessimistic arent we?????

It really isnt that bad at all, i am a military wife of almost 5 years. We have two sons together and there is always something to do and keep you and the kids busy. The military can be a good thing and we (the spouses) keep each other together and upbeat while out hubby/wife is gone. It can be difficult sometimes but so is life in general.
    I know yall arent even engaged yet but what this guy is ranting about is false, maybe that is just how it works in the marines :dunno:

22. Diedemus

Diedemus Google is my HMO

23. mikeflys1

mikeflys1 New Member

It is nine weeks plus another few days to a week for reception. Atleast it was when i went in 2000.

24. Pheanyx

Pheanyx Guest

He is actually going to be gone for 15 weeks total. But he is in the infantry davision if that makes a difference. And he is all the wat across the country.

And to Mr. Pessimism,
    Yes, I know what I'm getting into, I can handle it. If shit does happen like that, I've had my heart broken before, I'll live. Either way, you don't really know me too well, and I'm pretty possitive you don't know him. So far, he's pretty much written me everyday he's been there, and there are like tear marks on half of them. Maybe he is a sap, but thats ok cause I am too. I know how he feels about me, I saw it in his eyes. The eyes can't lie. But thank you for the warning, if nothing else, I'll be a little more prepared if things go down the shitter.

25. Dogz

Dogz interior crocodile moderator

Shit there was too much to read here so sorry if this has been said,

When i did my Basic training ( British Army ) i rarely had enough time to write home or make phone calls with all the personal admin we were required to complete and the catching up on sleep. I know its a crappy excuse but alot of the guys i was training with didnt want to contact home as they were already missing it and didnt want it be brought to the front of their minds (if that makes sense).

Im sure he will be in touch just as soon as he can, this may sound harsh but get used to it. If hes in the infantry he could well be away for months at a time. If your relationship is strong enough youll have no problems :big grin: