BEWARE of Blizz's idea of fixing overpopulation!

Discussion in 'Online Adventures' started by Trina, Jan 7, 2007.

1. Trina

Trina New Member

2. big cheezin

big cheezin hitting licks everyday

What the hell are they thinking?

3. Trina

Trina New Member

Hon, I wish I could tell you.

I can honestly say this is typical behavior for an online gaming company though. Mythic did the same kind of shit with DAOC, driving away players in droves.

And I can tell you this much, this has really made me rethink purchasing the expansion until they decide if they are going to do this or not. If they put this thru, I have no interest in continuing my subscription to the game, let alone giving them more money for the expansion.

4. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

This can be horrible for some players but a real benefit to others. I have a 60 Mage on Draenor and if I try to log on after 7pm my local time, then I'm usually facing a 600+ person queue. Do you have any idea how frustrating it is to invest soooo much time and effort into a character only to be able to play it during off peak times or have to otherwise "accomodate" this situation??

A realm split on this server would be awesome for me because it would mean that I could begin to play my character again. I'll make new friends...I'll find a new guild....no worries there. I just miss my character and don't want to log on 3 hours early, go AFK then keep rechecking to make sure I don't get logged out so that when I'm ready to play, I can. I damned sure don't want to pay Bliz $25 to move that character.

Yes some people will be devestated by this because they don't want anything to "change". However, when you are in my situation....change is good. Yes I may miss my old "non-guilded" friends but so what....I'll find new ones. One thing to remember tho....lag and queues should be a lot less on both server after the split.

I know some will hate this and some will love it....Im somewhere inbetween.

5. Trina

Trina New Member

Cottie, you don't have to tell me about queue times. I play on Argent Dawn, one of the two original roleplaying servers.

I just can't see this as being a good thing for the already established communities.

If there are people who want to transfer off, fine, let them do it and do it at no cost to them either. If they want to offer incentives to get people to move like free gold, mounts, rested exp, etc......fine, Blizzard can do that too.

But don't dare FORCE a split of a server and tear apart the folks who have worked and played so hard to establish their community. This is nearly as bad as what Germany did when they put up the wall. I know, at least Blizzard is letting us choose where to go, but it will still fracture established raiding groups and communities and to be honest, it's not fair to those of us who actually take a bit of pride in our gaming home.

6. Coottie

Oh come on now...you know as well as I do that they already offer free character transfers on heavily populated servers. THe problem is....not enough people are moving to correct the problems so they have to switch to plan B.

So what is Bliz to do?? They are reaching some sort of absolute capacity on certain realms, they've offered free char transfers but the problems still remain. THey have to do something....well at least that what they are telling us. I don't believe anyone at Bliz cuz I've just seen too many "carefully worded" posts by their CMs.

And I understand the sense of community and resistance to change, however I've lvl'd 3 toons to 60 on 3 different servers and I can assure you that there are mature, quality players on each of them. Sometimes it takes a little work to find them but they are there.

As I said before....some will see this as good, some bad....I'm somewhere in between.

7. Mace Windu

Mace Windu OT's Resident Pile of Awesome

It's kinda of a good idea, as long as people have an option to leave. Right now, I took the option to leave Blackhand and goto Baelgun because of the population.

8. Trina

Trina New Member

And just how long do they keep the option of transfering open? On my server, Argent Dawn, the option was open for all of three days.....three days! And they only gave people one place to go....Eitrigg (however it's spelled).

Tell me why we would want to go to a fucking PVE server when we are on a Roleplaying server! Oh, that's right! WE DON'T!

Blizzard gave us NO OPTIONS when they opened up a transfer off of Argent Dawn and that is exactly why it did NOT help my particular server.

Not only that, but they were STUPID enough to pair up our RP server with a bunch of pvp and pve servers for the Battlegrounds cross realm. Fucking idiots! Now our server forum gets spammed by loser trash from other servers who also take great pleasure in harping about the fact that we are a roleplaying server, blah blah blah.

Argent Dawn has been at maximum capacity since about 8 months after release, maybe even before that. We are one of TWO, just TWO, original roleplaying servers.

Want to know how many RP servers we have right now? I think the grand total is 8! Yes, that's right just 8!

Give us some fucking NEW RP servers to populate, offer the transfers to THOSE servers, THEN we'll see just how badly we need server splits on AD.

9. Trina

Trina New Member

And another thing to go with this is the fact that Blizzard OPENED OUR SERVER TO ALLOW TRANSFERS IN!

Why in the blue fuck would they do that KNOWING that we were maxed, queued nearly every night of the week?!?!?!

Can you explain away that? Cause I certainly think they had their collective head shoved so far up their ass that a crowbar and a dump truck can't ever pull it out ever again!

10. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :bowdown: :bowdown: :rofl: :bowdown: :rofl: :bowdown: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :rofl: :bowdown: :rofl: :bowdown: :rofl: :bowdown: :bowdown: :rofl: :bowdown: :rofl: :rofl: :bowdown:

Wow... just wow. Hate to break it to you, but a video game company spilitting up an over populated server is NOTHING like Germany putting up a wall. I didn't realize people took games so seriously :ugh:

11. Coottie

I think you will be surprised to hear I agree with you on this issue as it pertains to your server and other RP servers with similar histories. Bliz should take extra care to ensure that your servers have the same benefits as we do on the PVE and PVP server. I don't know why things were handled like they were for you guys but with only 8 RP servers ,it's a safe bet that you are in the minority.

So yes, before forcing a realm split on your server they should offer other options. And seriously tho....character transfers were announced weeks in advance. I should not matter one little bit how long it's open...if you don't like the queue, move. On Draenor, I knew about the free transfer off our server right at 2 weeks before it hit...I had time to think about moving or staying. I stayed because I had really, already switched server but if I wanted to move, I would have done so on the first day. WHy wait...that's just rediculous.

Your problem is....you are a minority and Bliz caters to the majorities. It's an unfortunate reality for you RPers but I suspect, you are used to getting the shaft from Bliz in regards to RP issues.

12. Coottie

You have no idea how seriously some people take this game.

I think it was china where a kid actually killed another kid for selling off his in game equipment or something like that.

Some of it, I can understand - obviously killing someone is totally not acceptable but seriously hurting them?? sure.....lol j/k. I mean MMORPGs take a long time to advance. You have to invest a lot of time to succeed in them and when all that hard work it messed with, tempers will soar.

13. Trina

Trina New Member

Yeah, we RP'rs got the shaft from Mythic as well....so I was pretty used to it.

When we got WoW I guess we expected a little more because of all the particular rules governing RP servers, but seeing as most of the GMs don't care to enforce them, we are subjected to all kinds of shit from fucktard players.

That and the fact that they lumped our RP servers in with pve and pvp servers for the BGs, gods, it just SUCKS.

14. CrimsonVonDoom

CrimsonVonDoom There Cannot be Two Skies OT Supporter

did... did you just compare this to the berlin wall? :rofl:

15. GuiltySparc

GuiltySparc OT Supporter

Hey Cootie - i'm on Draenor too...62 troll rogue named Soldjin...in eXtinction Services...who are you?

16. Coottie

61 Human Mage - Regord

I don't feel like I know anyone on that server anymore tho. Due to the server queues and friends rolling up on Skywall, up until this last week, I hadn't played my mage for about a year.

17. Alenon12

Alenon12 Save the cheerleader....save the world

they do this to any mmrpg that gets overpopulated, get used to it