Better way to pipe audio from my pc to my home theater?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by DeeVoc, Nov 8, 2004.

1. DeeVoc

DeeVoc Heh.

Right now I just have a 3mm to rca adapter converting it for my denon 1804, but I'm not too thrilled with it. Ideally I'd like a sound card with an optical or coaxil output, but I haven't been able to find anything online really. Just curious as what other people are doing. Thanks

2. Jazz

Jazz Powerhouse of the Scrum

3. DeeVoc

DeeVoc Heh.

4. 04

04 Guest

Another Vote for the Chaintech card Jazz reccomended.

I only use the analog output (it's for use in my 2nd rig), but IMO it is a fantastic card, especially for the money.

5. pharcyde183

pharcyde183 Nissan by nature

I have 2 digital outs from my computer mobo but i still use just stereo outs because i only have 2 speakers. Stereo isn't bad

6. DeeVoc

DeeVoc Heh.

Agh, getting ready to buy this from newegg but I'm scurred to go to the site. I don't think I've ever only bought one thing from them :o

"Oh look a hard drive for cheap, ohh and cheap ram, and that wireless keyboard is on sale"

7. 04

04 Guest

Ive spent over 3000 dollars at newegg and havent had a single issue with them. I've placed over 20 orders too :o

I realize that is in no way conclusive about how good a company is (just anecdotal evidence :hs: ) but I think you'll hear the same from most OT'ers you ask about newegg. :)

8. DeeVoc

DeeVoc Heh.

Yeah, I've bought plenty from them, I was just saying I always end up impulse buying when I get something. I managed to get the last card in stock though :big grin:

9. 04

04 Guest

:o

Ooops I misread your response. I thought you said you were afraid from buying from them :doh:

10. DeeVoc

DeeVoc Heh.

Just got it this morning in my office. Damn is that one pidly ass optical cable, my tower is too far from my reciever to reach so I might have to call up partsexpress.com :hs:

11. 04

04 Guest

The Dayton brand optical cables look really nice IMO, and they are well constructed for the price. I got the 6 foot version for my parents and it works great.

12. DeeVoc

DeeVoc Heh.

Yeah, but shipping on just the wire is absurd. Think I'll just suck it up and go to tweeter and try to find something generic. I do like the dayton stuff though, I'm running most of their stuff on my current home theater setup

13. DeeVoc

DeeVoc Heh.

NICE!!!, just got it set up. Forgot to uninstall my motherboards built in sound card before hand so that was a bit of a speed bump but it's up and running now. Sounds fucking amazing though my Denon-1804 on 5 channel wharfedale pacific evo speakers :bigthumb:

14. veonake

veonake OnT poster, OT lurker

That's funny, I was going to recommend the Chaintech as well. I have one, and my only qualm with it (which must have to do with drivers) is when using cpu intensive applications I get crackling in the sound output when I'm playing music. If anyone has any idea how to fix this, I'd love to get rid of the problem.