GUN BestBuy security guard tries to unlawfully seize a customers firearm

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Accord, Nov 29, 2005.

1. Accord

Accord New Member

This was posted by someone on packing.org....

http://www.packing.org/community/leo_encounters/listview/5489/

The guy handled it well :bowdown:. I thought the "I would use it on him before he took it from me" was a great quote :rofl:.

2. eWRXshun

eWRXshun hai

3. Clusive

Clusive Happiness is a belt-fed weapon.

I agree. I hope he sues them.

4. Bigsnake

Bigsnake OT Supporter

:rofl:

Good story. Wonder where it's going to go.

5. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

:rofl::rofl: I already hate best buy and try to avoid going there whenever possible now I have another reason for my list.

6. Accord

Accord New Member

I also like how he returned his $1,500 worth of merchandise that he just purchased :rofl:.

7. Ghostrider4450

Ghostrider4450 New Member

Def. Just to show that he was definately NOT shoplifting, and that he didnt want to support a company that would allow such bullshit.

8. KIDRR

KIDRR Duck dog>* OT Supporter

I hate those best buy "security guards" they are always trying to act like they have some kind of authority. Every single one of the I have seen is like 5'7" 130lbs.

9. biawokauns

biawokauns New Member

:rofl: i'd like to see somebody do that to me

10. Pineapple Devil

Pineapple Devil beat it!

:rofl: awesome story. he did handle that really well

11. jeepilot

jeepilot Banned

would have been funny if the guy carrying had been an off duty cop, and the security guard got arrested for assaulting a police officer... Or worse, the off duty cop shot him for trying to take his weapon.

12. CString

CString New Member

:bowdown:

13. san408

san408 New Member

That's not very smart. That would have done nothing but escalate the situation when there wasn't any need to. Having your CCL doesn't give you the right to be an ass. That (dumbass) security guard does have a job to do, and if you are legally carrying a firearm that may have been misconstrued as stolen merchandise, why wouldn't you just clarify the situation. Then take it from there. You're in the right, don't be an ass.

Your response would have been one of the most juvenile ways to handle that situation. ;)

14. hsmith

hsmith OT Supporter

I would think that in a right to carry state the store would have to post signs stating firearms are not allowed in the building, which they are allowed to stipulate.

15. Alphaeus

Alphaeus New Member

16. Ford4Life

Ford4Life Guest

That retarded security guard is lucky he didn't get seriously hurt if he reached for the CCW holders weapon, under almost every state law that is considered a threat and escalation.

I hope he sues.

17. GlocksRock

GlocksRock Glock > You

I had a BB loss prevention person approach me while I was standing in the store one day and he didn't accuse me of stealing anything, he said that I was going to steal something. I had my full size Kimber 1911 cocked and locked under my shirt, I asked he why he thought that, and where he said I was going to put the merchandise, he said I was gonna put it under my shirt, I was just waiting for him to ask me to lift my shirt. I bet he would have shit himself if he saw that big .45 staring at him. Luckily that didn't happen and I asked to see the store manager after the incident, but he wasn't available, so I purchased my merchandise and left, only to return later to speak to him then. He said they have had problems with him in the past and that appropriate action would be taken. The dumbass security guy said to me "did I not see what I thought I saw on the camera?" I said I don't know, what did you see, let's go take a look at the security cameras together and we'll find out. But he never did. Fuck best buy.

18. mvizos

mvizos New Member

And then:
    It would seem you don't really believe that, or you wouldn't have bought your merchandise.

19. Kroze

Kroze Active Member

pwned.

it's so sad that his next job is going to be the airport security. yes ladies and gents, a high school dropout with double digit IQ making triple digit salary is going to be in charge of your "security" at the airport.

20. 70Machwon

70Machwon New Member

Thats a good story. I cant believe he would reach for the firearm, what an idiot.

The LP guys at my store (when i worked there) were just odin there job, they didnt go above and beyond thier "power" or anything

21. Bigsnake

Bigsnake OT Supporter

Did anyone read the original thread this came from over on packing?

What authority does the law grant Security Guards? Seems some people on there say they do have some sort of authority granted by the government... but what and how much?

And if they detain you for something like this, do you HAVE to go to the back room? In that thread some guy posted his experience at a Target when he went to the back room...

22. chakup

chakup Guest

any store can request you not carry and if you do and they find out they can ask you to leave. it's at the point if you refuse to leave that you break the law. carrying in a store w/ no firearms signs is OK.

23. hitnrun99

hitnrun99 New Member

So assuming I can get a CCW (well maybe when hell freezes over... :( ) and I wind up in this situation, should my reaction to it be similar to the OP where we wait for the cops and have the manager + the douchebag guard wait with me? We should have some sort of standardized way of reacting to shit like this.

24. hitnrun99

hitnrun99 New Member

Do you have to go to the back room? Can you refuse?

25. blindarrow

blindarrow New Member

If something like this happens, just calmly tell them that you WILL NOT be going to the back room with them, and that you will wait on the cops somewhere visible to alot of people/witnesses.

They should, at no point, lay their hands on you at all. That's why you don't go into the back room with them.. if you do, you instantly lose possible witnesses.