Best way to talk to a girl?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Eko, Aug 23, 2006.

1. Eko

Eko New Member

This is my second year of college (first i worked all the time plus was pulling 17hours). So i decided to take it easy this year and i am still pulling 15 hours but not working near as much. When I am not in class i usually go to the food court to hang (smaller university), read a newspaper, eat, and do homework. Well I have had a few opportunities to go talk to a few girls but hadn't because I didn't know what to say. What is the best way to approach someone without seeming like a weird person?

2. RRated

RRated New Member

Try eye contact first, then go from there. Sometimes people, like yourself use areas as such to have a breathing space. On the other hand, they may also be like you, and are trying to meet people. I believe eye contact will get you an idea of whether or not you can approach that person or not. IMO

3. Eko

Eko New Member

then if all goes well just walk up "Hey i'm [name here] i saw you from across the room and i figured i would say hi"

4. Abomb

Abomb New Member

say something funny

5. HuskiRuski

HuskiRuski Cardinal Fan

sounds good. but what are you going to say next?

6. Tiberium

Tiberium Active Member

Eyecontact, smile, say "Hi" followed by something kinda whitty. Don't say something too whitty or complex because she might not be all that smart.

7. Solus Emsu

Solus Emsu ****** U N R A T E D ! ****** -----THAT'S HOW I RO

You are in college, right?

Besides going and reading "the newspaper" and homework, what do you do that is fun?

No offence, but what are you? 35? 40?
    Reading the newspaper at the food court is not exactly a social practice.

Who do you hang out with? Where else do you go? Do you live on campus?
    You just seem too reclusive to approach a girl in your current state of social activity. Seriously though, what do you have to offer her besides the newspaper and a "creepy alone guy" feeling?

You are in college. Those are the absolute best years of your life.
    Trust me. I wish I could go back at times.
    Get social with a group of people. Surely you have people in the dorms or housing, classes, or even at work. If you do that, then the opportunities will naturally arise.

But don't stay cooped up to yourself.

8. Tiberium

Tiberium Active Member

:werd: living with other females around you will make getting laid 100x easier. If you can't pull that off then you're as dumb as all those single 20-something females who bitch that they can't find dates.

9. Eko

Eko New Member

19 but in HS i knew everyone.(small school) Making new friends has always been a very slow process for me because i'm not very outgoing(I know that needs to change :doh: ). My friends used to be in college but dropped (or at another college) out and i rarely see them because of our conflicting work schedules.(the other i do hang out with we rarely go do anything.) When I hear about a party i usually go and have a good time but I have always been better in groups instead of 1 on 1. My life usually consists of hanging with whoever is off work, work, school, gym, restoring older vehicles and sleep. I do not live on campus because the dorm prices are more than what they are worth. The problem I have is the ice breaker 1 on 1 moments if i can get past that i am usually fine.

10. ralyks

ralyks New Member

In terms of quality you're absolutely right. In terms of the experience and what it sets you up for, the dorms are priceless.

11. Schproda

Schproda New Member

If you're in line somewhere by someone and they're not talking to anyone else, say something witty out of the blue that relates somehow to standing in line. Then again some chicks like the shy guy but not reclusive.

12. deznutz

deznutz New Member

Just drink booze and you'll loosen up

13. crazy15

crazy15 New Member

confidently

and 3 second rule, once you see her approach her. it can become awkward if you wait a really long time. But dont use that as an excuse to not approach them. Just sooner the better :p