Best way to start out?

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by LancerV, Jun 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LancerV

LancerV Something Happened OT Supporter

After getting outta school I've decided its time for me to loose some weight, I weigh 235lb right now and am 6ft tall. Although I've been tapped to 25% body fat.

I've read some of the stickys and they have just made me more confused as what too do. Some say heavy weight lifting is a good way to start others say dieting first than heavy weight lifting.

Also whats a good site to learn all the weight lifting machines as I have never lifted weights :o

2. ooa4oo

ooa4oo New Member

3. Riot

Riot OT Supporter

whether lifting or cardio, neither is going to give you results unless you're under maintenance calories.

4. kronik85

kronik85 New Member

stick to something simple. and dont immediately go out and buy $300 worth of supplements and think they're gonna do all the work for you. transforming ur body takes effort and dedication.

you should be dieting in the sense of watching what you eat, the # of calories you're eating, macronutrient ratios (to some extent), and so on.

start with a simple routine. you might be best off with christophers' routine. it does work, and is pretty straight forward. you'll find it in the archives. go to exrx and check out the exercises (the goodmorning one is a lil more straight legged than most like). join a real gym. you can see some success with a home gym composed of 10lb db's but not much. ask one of the personal trainers there to watch your form/technique for the exercises you're trying to do (squat, bench, rows etc.). dont listen to them if they try to change ur plan, say you're wrong about whatever. just ask them to watch ur form.

most of all, be dedicated. don't binge eat, dont slack. if you have a routine setup... dont skip days cause u dont feel like it (unless there's an actual illness/injury).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.