Best way to shift my eating habbits?

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by 94SupraTT, Apr 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 94SupraTT

94SupraTT Well-Known Member

Ok, Last night i found an envelope from my grandmother that was full of old pics, and i must say, I miss looking like that :( (btw i was 6'3 240-260 in gret shape, now im over 300, around 315 to be exact, ad flabby as hell)

between my knee surgery (well multiple really) and my chosen profession (network engineer, i sit all day at a fucking computer), and my previous job (wich required a serious amount of travel, was gone bsicly for 1 year straight) I have packed on many many pounds (only gained maybe 60-75 lbs, but what muscle mass i had from before seems to have moved to fat :()

SOOOOOOO i gotta change my life, im starting to feel my weight in my hips and knees (and having alread had a knee replaced and another reconstructed (football doesnt do well for ones body)as a teenager doesnt help)

now my eating habbits consist of mass quantities of fast food (mostly just for conviniece (sp?)) I have even found myself not liking fastfood anymore but I have gotten so used to it, its moe habbiual and lazyness than anything.

so i have 3 problems with shifting my eating habbits,

1) i still travel for this new job, and its at random times hardley ever planed so i cant afford to go shopping for much food sine it will spoil if i have to leave, and that makes me a sad panda.
    2) im still fuckin lazy no matter how you cut it :( but tis is one thing i want to work on
    3) i commute, so by the time i get home i really really dont want to cook.

any recomendations on what i can do to make this happen? i wish i had the energyand time to cook formyself regularly but i just dont :(

Id like to stay away from a diet and try to just move to a healthier lifestyle, the gym included of course :) but until i drop some poundage im gona stick to mostly cardio so i dont cause any furtherdamage to my hips and knees.

Cliffs: im a fat ass and i finaly wantto do something about it. read for more details

2. Perkwunos

Perkwunos Dog Bones OT Supporter

1. Subway
    2. Stop being a lazy fuck
    3. Read the stickies

3. 94SupraTT

Subwa huh? i take it the wraps are about the only thing to get

my laziness is what i want to change, but like i said, its difficult with myschedule

reading them, but my question wasnt as much of what ishould eat but how i go about shifting myself that direction on a more perm basis, ive tried to eat healthy before and i did ok for a while but i found myself slip back into this horrible rythm wheni got my last job mostly cause when yur flying all over the fucking country you eat when and where you can, even worse you eat watever you can too!

not to mention when your in san francisco, new york, chicago, new orleans the food is so amazing you cant help yourself hha :)

4. MaineSucks

MaineSucks OT Supporter

the only person who can do that is you

5. Perkwunos

Don't be too fucking anal the god damn sandwiches are fine...
    If you get caught up in this shit where you can only eat chicken and oats you are gonna fail. Keep track of the calories and don't eat complete shit like me.
    So that means
    No fast food - Subway is the only one that is not bad
    No restaurants for most of the week
    Eat some half way decent tasting healthy food.

And this does not take allot of changing to do, it takes a trip to the grocery store and some will power to not go out every night/day.

6. 94SupraTT

Agreed, i was just lookin for tips or advice frm the fitness guru's :big grin:

Honstly its funny, its not my self confidence abotu how i look, or anything like that, its the realization that im acctually causing moe harm with my weigt than anything else that snapped me out of it, the pictures just topped that off.

starting off cardio, bike for like 30 to 40 min pr day should be god to start yes? btw probably 3 - 4 days pr week, after i drop 10-20 lbs move to some strength training?

7. 94SupraTT

so even places like el polo loco would be off limits?

yea, i tried the crazy fad fucking atkins crap, lost 27lbs, then fell off the wagon and never made it back, ended up putting the 27 back on plus some :(

never want to do that again

8. Perkwunos

No, you need to lift weights from the begining and you need to read the forum

9. Perkwunos

I don't know what el polo loco is, so i can nto say for sure, but IMO if you can't bring a lunch, subwy is the best fix for that day.

10. 94SupraTT

i thought they had the crazy chicken in tx? haha

its flame grilled mexican chicken, but i think subway will be fine, just would love to have options to change it up every once in a while since no i cant bring my lunch, :(

11. Perkwunos

well, I dunno what to tell ya man, I have a class schedule, and don't work, so I usually don't worry about lunch and just eat at weird times. And only eat out at subway every few weeks when I am bussy. Cooking food ahead of time helps too, because it does nto make the process of making the food unmotivational. You just stick it in the microwave an you got somethign to eat.

12. Genghis.Tron

Genghis.Tron New Member

Read Berardi's articles on food preparation and eating habits/strategies on t-nation.com or johnberardi.com.

13. Uglybob69

Uglybob69 I miss beer.

Quit being lazy and do it for yourself man. Just keep track of your calories and cut them down to 2500 for a guy your size. The weight loss won't be too fast but you've got to make it part of your routine and just not think about it anymore, if you dwell on it every second of every day... you will fail.

Weigh yourself in the mornings once a week and start out with some light exersize. If you can stick to the basics for a few months then you may want to step up your routine. It's all about will power and the want to do it!

So for what it's worth. Good luck.

Cliffs: Eat less (2500 calories) of healthy food daily and get some exercise. Stick with it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.