Best way to prepare for early morning fitness test?

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by SHIFT_blue, Mar 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SHIFT_blue

SHIFT_blue OT Supporter

I have a fitness test coming up in a couple days thats at 6:00am in the morning. I have not been preparing for this because it just popped up out of nowhere that we have to do this 4 times a year now instead of once (Im in the Air Force). We dont get to do regular PT like everyone else since we are so undermanned and I never run on my own. So basically I suck at running.

In the morning I dont feel like doing shit. Im dead and feel like shit. The last time I had to PT test that early in the morning I passed the fuck out. No joke. Its sad I know. But I dont feel like it wouldve happened any other time of the day when Im awake and somewhat energized.

Basically Im asking what can I do to be more ready for a run that early in the morning? Eat something before I go to sleep? Eat what?

Thanks.

2. TZ

TZ Banned

Get a good breakfast in before your test. Make sure you aren't FULL or anything, but make sure you're ready to work hard..you need that nutrition

3. Drewski

Drewski New Member

^^^

good low gi like oatmeal and some whey in milk would be good

and maybe some caffeine to help get ya going

4. jmezz

jmezz layin in bed stretchin my pumped quads for hours

Go to the doctor's and get a check-up. Bend over the table with all your clothes off and ass to the door and when the doctor walks in, look back and stare at him and ask him if he's ready.

5. energie

energie I like to place an order.. the name? Situation the

x2

or like 2 eggs and some toast

6. Icedtea

Icedtea New Member

I would either not drink milk or not drink very much.

At least for me, intense exercise + milk = uncontrolled purge

7. Psyc0

Psyc0 TTKA

I would treat it like I treat any early morning distance race/workout. I ran a triathalon that started at 7am so I figure it would be roughly the same. Get a big meal w/ lots of carbs the night before but I wouldn't eat after about 7. Get a good nights sleep, wake up around 5 and have a bagel or something light, you don't want something that is going to be unsettling in your stomache for an early morning run. Drink around 8oz of gatorade about a half hour before and be good to go. Make sure you are fully hydrated the night before as well.

8. egxflash

egxflash Riding on the Midship Express

that's key. like somebody already mentioned, get a high carb meal in before bed. eat fruits/veggies. drink OJ the night before (i do that the night before a PFT). In the mornin eat something light. and under no circumstances should you drink a lot of milk before (and no milk the day of) your fitness test.

btw, dont u guys only have to run like 1.5 mi in the AF for your annual? :mamoru:

9. Simple

Simple Sexy Beatch

start waking up early @ 4-5am and getting accustomed to getting your body alerted

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.