SRS Best way to go with it?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Vay, Nov 23, 2005.

1. Vay

Vay New Member

Hello everyone I am here again with a small problem. This problem is nothing major but I feel I need help with it. I am planning on moving in the next two months to another state. Right now I live in Montana and I want to move to California.

Within this last year I have made major changes to my self from contacts to a change of life style. I feel I need to move away for around a year or so to get on my own and get life a go. Though that is not the problem.

I am very close to my family, and I know if I tell them it is going to hurt both my mother and father a lot. Though I am not sure how to go at it to telling them. I do not want to hurt them because I love my family to death.
    What should I do? :(

2. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

A lot of people refuse to move for just that reason , what can possibly lie in California that is worth throwing away your family ties for?

3. Vay

Vay New Member

Well it isn't like I would be gone forever I would be back in a year if not less. As well I know they would support me no matter what. I just do not want to hurt them. I am not sure if you ever been to Montana, USA but it is a nice place over all, but I need to see the other side of life which Montana does not show. There is a couple of other reasons as well.

4. Darketernal

Well, a year is pretty long, couldn't you set intervals in it, so that you could visit your parents every 3 months? Plane can take you anywhere you know.

5. Vay

Vay New Member

Of course I would be visiting them every 3 to 4 months. It isn't like I would just ditch them they are my family :). As well I would be keeping in contact with them every week by email and phone. I would be flying in for hunting, thanksgiving, and Christmas. As well come in during the summer. No I wont be able to stay long each time though a couple days each time.

6. Darketernal

Nah, if you be visiting them every 3 months they will survive, just say your going away for a year, they will go :eek3: , and then say you will visit every three months and they'll be :) just fine with it. At least that's what i expect you see, a bird has to fly out of his nest sooner or later, and that time has come for you. Enjoy life ,experience it and see what it has to offer you. :wavey: Good look, safe journey wished upon you.

7. Vay

Vay New Member

Though what the best way to get into the topic of me moving?

8. KatWoman

KatWoman •••••••••••

Tell your parents you want to talk with them and sit with them and just tell them the truth. If you and your parents are that close they would understand that you need to spread your wings and explore. Letting go is hard...especially for moms :hs:

9. johan

johan Active Member

Vay, how old are you? And what are your life plans?

I wouldn't move out to Kali, just to "see what the hell's out there, and how much can I score", but I do support your general plans to broaden your horizons.

But broadening your horizons means more than just taking a trip to Sin City and nailing some chicks and then returning home with herpes and genital warts.

So tell me. What's your plans for your life?

10. Vay

Vay New Member

I am 21 going to be 22 in July :). My life plans? Well get married one day and have a family. As well own the family business. Well I do also have friends who live in Cali. Plus trust me I am not going to nail some chicks. I just feel I need to go out on my own. I need to take action in my life and me being in Kalispell right now I can not do that. I will always know my father is there and I can always run to him.

Really in away it is I need to grow up.

11. fusion210

fusion210 New Member

Kids go off to college and join the military and keep their family. I think you should just tell them what you told us. They will survive.

12. johan

johan Active Member

Take over the family business eh?

So...what are your school plans? You're going to need to go to school to be really effective in running the family business. Now, school's not the only way to learn, and yes there are problems, and yes some people just park themselves in school without learning a damn thing.

But, I think for you, it is a really good idea.

1) it is a VERY legitimate reason to get out of Kalispell, and into a large city. One that is tough for your parents to be upset over.

2) it is a great place to meet lots of people

3) if you go to a large university (NOT A JUNIOR COLLEGE) you will expand and stretch your mind. It will be hard, yes, but with that comes the gift of self-discipline.

4) regardless of what you study (i.e. not necessarily business/econ/etc) you will still learn the basics of what it is to be a critical thinker and so have the ability to really think and discern for yourself.

I'm advocating 'education' in the oldest sense, rather than a form of trade school, which is great for you, as you have a ready made career waiting for you back home in the form of a family business.

All you need do is broaden your horizons, educate your mind, strengthen your body, sow your wild oats and after you make the transition from boy to Man (that's with a capital "M")... you can then return home, well-schooled, wise and hearty.

PS. Litespeed made a great bike named Kalispell. I really wanted to get one of those. Jeez that was a long time ago.