Best way to get rid of scratches by hand

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by you know me, Jun 11, 2005.

1. you know me

you know me OT where the douchbags play

I don't have a pc so I'm stuck doing this by hand. I have no idea how they got there but I need to get rid of them. What is the best way to get rid of these by hand? they are only in the clear but I tried the polish I have but it didn't work. I think it's meguairs in the purple bottle that I have now.

2. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

3. you know me

you know me OT where the douchbags play

Thanks Scott,
    had I known that I wouldn't have posted this.

4. KMAzz

KMAzz OT Supporter

You wouldnt be able to remove deep scratches with a "PC" either..need a rotary buffer for that.

5. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

You'd be suprised at what a burgandy Meguiars cutting pad and that new Detailer's Pride Super Swirl Eliminator will accomplish. Still not on the same level as a rotary but still a pretty aggressive combo-and no marring or rotary holograms either.

Even a rotary doesn't remove a significant amount of paint...Joe of Superior Shine used a paint thickness guage after using DACP and a wool pad to remove sanding marks and the paint guage showed no loss of paint thickness. However, wet sanding did remove .3 mils of paint. For serious paint correction you need to wetsand, the remove the sanding marks with a rotary. Just don't take off more than .4 mils so you don't compromise the clear coat.

6. n2_space

n2_space Space > *.*

Agreed with Scott. I have gotten some pretty deep ones out with heavy cut (even though it is suppose to be for a rotary only), a cutting pad, and some pressure at 6 on the PC. I removed the hazing with #80 on an orange LC pad and it came out beautiful.

7. KMAzz

KMAzz OT Supporter

Yes you can work a defect pretty good with a "pc" a good amount of the times. A lot depends on the type of car also and way it was painted...so many factors but you can't beat a rotary and its time savings. One of the best tools for a mobile detailer due to cutting down times.