Best way to ask out a girl who is working?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Captain Amazing, Oct 19, 2007.

1. Captain Amazing

Captain Amazing OT Supporter

Did a search but didnt find anything. Anyway, on Tuesday I went to a department store like Macy's and this cute girl helped me out with something. Would it be weird if I showed up next Tuesday to ask her out? Would that make me creepy/stalker like or do girls not like being bothered at work?

2. demosnat

demosnat New Member

You're going to get two broad types of answers

1. Pull up unapolgetically, dick in hand, and ask for a date
    2. Come up with a reason to go back (i need shoes for that shirt) and while picking something out, ask for a date.

I would personally be far more receptive to the latter, but, do what you feel better about.

3. Captain Amazing

Yeah, I do need to buy new running pants for the rainy season so I am hoping I can find something there.

4. lauren

lauren Active Member

chances are, you wont find her tues. so, when that happens, what will your next course of action be?

5. Captain Amazing

Guess I'm outta luck if she isn't there.

6. lauren

lauren Active Member

then you don't have much to worry about as for being a stalker. i'd be more receptive to approach 2..... if anything.

7. Captain Amazing

Hopefully the place is like the department store I used to work at. If so then they always stay in the same place. :x:

8. BlackIce72

BlackIce72 New Member

They get asked out a LOT more than you think.

Make sure you have some fun banter first. If she laughs, smiles a lot, makes good eye contact, and actually reinitiates conversation you can drop the old "let's hang out" bomb on her.

It can be easier or tougher than it seems. On one hand they're thrilled to be entertained at work. On the other hand they are PAID to be nice to you -- you're just another customer they need to sell to.

I've used them as good pivots for customers. If customers see you chatting it up with, say, an Abercrombie female employee, your value is raised -- because the customers are basically trying to emulate the employees more or less!

I have "my jeal girl" I go to for my jean and shirt purchases at Nordstroms. Hung out a couple times. Cool chick. Introduced me to hot friends and gives discounts at the mall.

Not bad perks.

9. adrenalin112

adrenalin112 New Member

when you go back:
    compliment her wonderful service (or even better if she helped you decide what to buy compliment her taste and that you love what you bought last time) and that you want HER assistance in finding something else,
    -make small chit chat
    -compliment something not directly sexual (shoes - when they have hot toes, pants - when they have a nice ass, glasses - nice eyes)
    -get her to laugh, maybe even make fun of yourself a bit (show that youre humble/modest, not emo)
    -DO NOT ASK HER OUT
    -hopefully youre not in earshot of her peers or nosy customers, then DISCREETLY, compliment her personality and say that you'd like to get to know/talk to her some more... can i call ya sometime?
    -GET THOSE DIGITS, and maybe make an informal arrangement of when to talk to her (this removes that swinger bullshit of waiting X amount of days) that way she's expecting you to call in a certain time frame and builds trust when you come through :bigthumb:
    -pay for your shit, say thanks, smile, make deliberate eye contact and GTFO. DO NOT LINGER.

10. Stev

Stev Active Member

Good stuff!
    The stuff in bold is key IMHO.

11. kronik85

kronik85 New Member

I'll tell you what I'm gonna do. I'm gonna go next door and get a
    table and if you'd like to join me, no big deal. All right? And if not,
    that's cool too. Ok?

12. Stev

Stev Active Member

chili's .. or flingers?

13. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

next time, get her number on the first visit

chances of success the first time you see her are going to be much higher than if you go back to track her down later

makes you appear weak and hesitant (her ideal man most likely sees what he wants and goes after it without fear)

14. Stev

Stev Active Member

update on this?