Best way to achieve a lean body?

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Ep, Dec 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ep

Ep Guest

I'm out to achieve a low body fat/cut look. I'm currently 5'10 145 pounds or so.

This is my goal

http://kyoske.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/male-body.jpg

I plan on continuing starting strength (low reps, high weight, small workload) and then cutting at 170 on pur's routine. Is this the best way to go about it?

2. loading

loading OT Supporter

gotta work on putting on muscle first

3. Ep

Ep Guest

exactly. So I guess I am going the right way about it then. I tried pur's routine when I first started working out and it was just too much work load for me I believe. I moved on to starting strength and gained 30 pounds (through dirty bulk) but I left the gym last year for rock climbing and lost 15 pounds :(

4. loading

loading OT Supporter

im guessing if you are 145 you are pretty lean already.

5. Ep

Ep Guest

I'm lean but I don't look like that guy. I'm guessing he's what, 165 pounds and 8% body fat? His arms aren't anything special but that's the chest I'm going for

6. __Flatline__

__Flatline__ New Member

eat heavy, but clean

lift heavy

?

profit

7. ~stangzorized~

~stangzorized~ New Member

8. JeremyD

JeremyD New Member

ahhh beat me to it.

And I guess my definition of lean is skewed because that picture looks like average+chest+abs to me. Not even a single shred of vascularity.

9. SugarCoatedSour

SugarCoatedSour Active Member

10. DTR rex

DTR rex New Member

Put on some size first.

If you're looking to get a bit bigger and leaner, but don't really care about mass then I would run a carb cycle diet / recomp and use Pur's routine as a basis but tone down the volume for now until you can handle the load.

11. BoypussY

BoypussY game over.

just lift and eat clean..a body like that is easily achievable if you have the will power to diet right

12. Patrick Bateman

Patrick Bateman Active Member

just starve yourself and youll achieve that pathetic excuse for a physique

13. MP18

MP18 New Member

Do push-ups and sit-ups in your bedroom right before bed, do 100 reps over 4 sets. Do this 3 days a week with a day off in between and increase 2 reps on each set on both excercises each workout, 8% increase in volume each workout to ensure you make progress. Rest 1:30 between sets.

After this have 3 cups of steel cut oats cooked with whole milk. This will provide you the sustenance you need to rebuild your muscles bigger while simultaneously burning off bodyfat from the EPOC levels you attained post workout.

Forget weights, it's a waste of money and time, do this and you'll look better than that pic in 3 months.

14. jtrem

jtrem Active Member

LOL, hoping this is a joke.

15. romostud22

romostud22 New Member

Broseph. I guess the only advice I can give you is don't worry about your "look" so much as how much you're lifting. All that stuff will come later (the looks). Focus on adding some lean muscle mass. Eat big, lift big, and sleep big. Or go home. Once you've added on mass then you'll notice that you're not going to care about looking like some douchenozzle with 8 percent body fat who can barely lift a twig. Real talk.

16. Patrick Bateman

Patrick Bateman Active Member

he doesnt need to lift big or eat big to look like the pic he posted

17. Perkwunos

Perkwunos Dog Bones OT Supporter

a fair diet, and minimal working out can get you there.

18. romostud22

romostud22 New Member

word word, my bad. i meant for him to get big he had to do those things.

19. Ep

Ep Guest

20. Ep

Ep Guest

I had a feeling you would chime in and say something like that. You aren't a dumb guy so why would you bother to say that? Everyone is different. There are people out there who couldn't give a shit what they look like and are perfectly happy. They laugh at us for even going to the gym and trying so hard. Then there are people, like me, who don't want to be 250 pounds; It's just cumbersome and useless IMO, unless you really pride yourself in being able to lift heavy weights. If that's what you like, then that's fine. Personally, I think for every chick that digs a guy whose 250 pounds there's 5 who prefer that pathetic physique

21. Ep

Ep Guest

I am doing that, and that's fine. I just wanted to make sure I was going about it the right way. I personally love starting strength as you can put on 20-25 pounds on your compounds every month for a good amount of time.

Maybe my perception will change, but as of now I don't really give a shit what I lift. I have a friend of mine who thinks he's hot shit because he squats and deadlifts 350 at 160 pounds but his arms look like fat with no definition and his ROM are bullshit. He doesn't squat parallel and I'm sure his bench is no better either. Anyway, my point is that I don't give a shit what he lifts. I'm in the gym purely to look good and I'm fine with saying that. Most women don't give a fuck if you bench 400 or 200 pounds

22. quamen

quamen New Member

i guess i am pretty pathetic, because that is my build. I have only been working out for a short amount of time, so i am slowly progressing past that. To achieve that you have to eat pretty clean, watch the amount of carbs and do alot of shaping exercises. Since you not wanting to get big, all those compound movements might not be that beneficial when trying to achieve a lean/cut physique. You looking for more defintion, you have to make sure when you hit each body part, multiple angles are worked for each muscle in order to create the desired shaped which will give you the definition, and not the bulk.

23. Ep

Ep Guest

when should I cut? 170 pounds?

24. Ep

Ep Guest

That's the answer I was looking for. The only problem is I don't gain well on Purs routine. I guess I could minimize the workload but I was wondering if I should bulk to X weight, then do Purs routine to shape and cut down.

And not trying to be a fag here, but you're lucky to have that physique so easily.

25. Ep

Ep Guest

I'm currently doing the bulk diet posted in the other thread, minus the steak everyday. I substitute that with chicken. It's pretty clean, not to mention I do cardio 3 days a week

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.