best verizon phone?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by qbushido, Oct 5, 2004.

1. qbushido

qbushido New Member

what do you people who are so much more informed then I think?

2. kwiker

kwiker Guest

i would say the v710...like all motorolas they will have issues for a while after launch but usually get worked out...it comes with a 1yr warranty so you can bring it back to have it updated or swapped if they can't fix it. After the 1yr war is up, add tec insurance for 4.99 a month and you will have a 2yr warranty.

the lgvx7000 seems nice and with LG you don't have to worry about if the phone will have problems, it is a good phone, video, mobile web 2.0 if you are interested in internet, it is a lot better than 1.0, is has pictures and you can pull up a doppler radar which is what gets me, i love that. btw...the v710 gets it also.

if you aren't looking for a camera phone get the lgvx4500, it has speaker and can get mobile web 2.0, it is a great mid level phone.

there is supposed to be a vx8000 launching someitme in december, it should be evdo compatible, which means high speed on the phone, you can hook it up to the computer and have a high speed connection and possible streaming video on the phone, that means you can get clips of news or whatever on the phone, bad ass.

3. qbushido

qbushido New Member

good man, thanks a lot.

4. qbushido

qbushido New Member

I've decided...I want the V710, anyone on these boards with a hookup? I really would feel like an ass paying VZ 250 on the web.

5. moocat

moocat hello there OT Supporter

pretty unlikely :dunno: I have a friend of a friend at a Verizon store I'm going to contact to get me one soon, I gotta see what kind of deal he can get.

6. Gai

Gai New Member

V710 is nice but seems kinda cheap for the price. I love Moto phones but I wasn't impressed with the 710 after handling it and my brother getting one...I went with the 7000.

7. jbuffethed

jbuffethed Member

I got the audiovox 9900, not a bad phone. The display is incredible and the battery lasts forever.

8. fl0rine2

fl0rine2 New Member

I have a Treo 600 and it fucking rocks, i love it. They recently came out with the Treo 650 and it has a better resolution display, bluetooth, a better camera, and a better processor. if you want to be a badass, get the Treo 650

9. VZ doesnt have the 650 yet.

I sell VZ for a living. Here's the breakdown:

a670: Good all around phone. Small, excellent reception. Not too frilly. Text based mobile web 1.0 is actually faster. Camera is decent.

LG4500: Crap. Dont buy it.
    LG-7000: Phone features are good, camera is excellent. Reception is unusually low for phone of its caliber. Interface is like using windows 95 tho.
    v710: Good phone. SHIT camera. This phone was marketed on its camera and bluetooth. The camera sucks everywhere but direct sunlight. The bluetooth only works for peripherals so you have to pay verizon to send your pics or buy a transflash card. The mp3 is disabled for ringtones so you have to use "Get it Now". All that said, it still has the best reception, the bluetooth rocks even if you only use it for a handsfree set, the menus arent bad (usual motorola goose chase). Huge screen. A little glitchy. It does have great reception tho.
    Vx8000: not out yet. EVDO capable if your market supports it. Then you get 3d games and streaming video, lightning fast mobile web 2.0 supposed to release in january. MP3 player. No bluetooth. Reception as of yet unknown.
    VX6100: Junk. Cheap with lots of features and problems. Firmware upgrade fixes most of them tho.

10. qbushido

qbushido New Member

I cant believe that they would release a new VX without bluetooth....

11. yesitisyellow

yesitisyellow New Member

find a bestbuy employee, they get verizon discounts. See if they can hook you up with a discount number :)