Best Truck/SUV for ~$5000?

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Enigma, Mar 10, 2004.

1. Enigma

Enigma Guest

What would be the best used truck/suv that I could probably get for around $5000? It needs to be able to tow two seadoos, a boat, or some other stuff. I'd like 4WD but don't have to have it. I have looked through the autotrader for some Rangers, Dakotas, 4runners, etc. I'd like to try to get something that isn't any more than like.. 10 years old if possible. Any ideas?

tia :bigthumb:
  2. Enigma

Enigma Guest

For now it would more than likely only be like two seadoos/jetski or some pwc.

Found a 97 Dakota SLT Clubcab w/ 6speed standard at 58K miles on it for $5K. Sounds like a good deal to me.. but I'm not too good at this stuff. One of my friends mentioned that dodges have been known to have tranny problems.. :dunno:
  3. Enigma

Enigma Guest

yea thats what i meant. :o it's been sold though.

today i did come across a 95 ranger stx w/ 26K miles for like $5300.. its a 5speed v6. :dunno:
  4. threecar

threecar Guest

full size chevy blazer, 87-91, because of fuel injection. cheap to buy, cheap to modify, and just an all around great vehicle.
  5. threecar

threecar Guest

I actually like the s-blazers,but only until 94'. 4.3l is a must.

also, i had a 91, and i now have an 01', and both were equipped with 3.73 gears, and a limited slip diff, rpo code g80.

I still say get a K5. :bigthumb: