Best tire for the buck....

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by LongDongWong, Jan 4, 2007.

1. LongDongWong

LongDongWong U can call me Mr.Wong

I'm in the market for some cheap (under $50 per tire)
    what would be the ideal tire size for a 14" size wheel....
    -good for gas
    -great for cornering

is there such a tire?

2. Knightmare69

Knightmare69 Hater

www.tires.com www.tirerack.com I personally run Falken All-Season's on most of my cars and my gf's car though the new Kumho All-Seasons are looking pretty tempting.

3. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

Michelin Energy MXV4. French rubber > *.

Buy the same size tires as what came on your car. If you don't, your speedometer will be wrong all the time.

4. s2k07

s2k07 New Member

i do solo 1 and 2 and i can say that the falken zieks 512 are the best bang for buck. around 42 bucks, these tires won got me 2nd in the novince championship at my town and i had no problem driving this car in the 4 inches of packed snow .just drove around the block for fun, no actually traveling done, but i never once got stuck

5. 1.8

1.8 Guest

I'd go with kumho SPT for summer tires, they should last longer than zeix and probably (most likely) outperform them.

6. LA02MAX

LA02MAX New Member

I have the Ziex 512s on my car (235/45/17) that ran me around $94/tire (really cheap for that size) and they were excellent, but after you put 15-20k miles on them (I have ~35k on them right now) they're horrible. They get really loud and just do not grip anywhere near what they did when they were new.

My brother has had the Toyo Proxes 4 tires for ~20k miles and they are still in fantastic condition. They also have a bit stiffer sidewalls which was my main complaint with my Falkens when they were new