best supercharger for silverado??

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by 02SS, Jul 27, 2003.

1. 02SS

02SS New Member

which blower is best for an 03 silverado w/ the 5.3 litre?

2. i've heard good things about the whipple on those, but personally i'd go w/ an intercooled vortech :)

3. 02SS

02SS New Member

supercharger + intercooler = pretty expensive. only lookin to buy the blower. so far, magnacharger has claimed the most increase in power (up to 65% increase)

4. Surgie

Surgie Mein Führer, I can walk!

Me & my uncle did some looking around for what he's going to be putting on his (for the truck in the link below), decided on the radix magnacharger (intercooled, ~5k$) for his 6.0l after comparing it to the other models. Seemed like the best choice for an engine that was gonna stay pretty stock otherwise, plus everyone said the power came on sooner with the radix as compared to the procharger & other models.

the truck I'm referring to...
    http://forums.offtopic.com/showthread.php?threadid=740357

5. 02SS

02SS New Member

what kinda performance are you expecting from it?

6. Surgie

Surgie Mein Führer, I can walk!

Realistically hoping for about 50% gain, which would put it around 450hp. Their numbers would have you believe 65% or more but I'm not quite as optimistic, but we'll see :)

7. 02SS

02SS New Member

magnacharger is a lot less and claims the same amount increase so i'd rather go with them.

8. RedZ71

RedZ71 Large Marge sent me.

i test drove an 03SS a couple weekends ago, and for 41K i cant believe they dont include one from the factory. i guess chevy engineers dont go to sleep at night and wake up in the morning trying to make a faster stock truck than the harley davidson or the lightning :(

IF i were the supercharger kind of guy... id keep my Z71 and just put a SC on the 5.3 it comes with. yeah i know, it wouldnt be a SC'd 6.0, but i would still have ability to put it back in 2wd. there was pretty much no way i could consider the SS i tested based on the fact that its permenantly in AWD. sometimes, you just gotta lay some rubber.