Best solution for work calendar / contacts / email

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Creator, Apr 21, 2010.

1. Creator

Creator The Creator Has a Master Plan

I am setting up a small business and figured now is the time to rethink my inbox system. I use Gmail via Apple Mail on my iPad, iPhone and MacBookPro (which acts as a desktop). That's fine for personal email that doesn't have a high priority. But I sort of like, and am used to, having work email be in a separate program. In the past I was forced to use an Exchange server so Entourage was my only option. I am using Google Aps to host my domains email so that opens up a lot of options.

What I likeds about Exchange was that all devices auto sycned all cal / contacts / email. I need to have that here.

So whats my best option? If i MUST i'll continue to use Apple Mail, but since my personal mail is already there its not the best option for me.

2. quid

quid I Piss Excellence OT Supporter

there are some companies who host exchange mail boxes for you. i have no experience with any of them, but know there are some for pretty reasonable monthly fees.

3. Creator

Creator The Creator Has a Master Plan

Right, MS Online does it for $10/ month which I guess is possible, but I'd rather find a good free solution

4. quid

quid I Piss Excellence OT Supporter

i think gmail on your own domain is the best you can do for free :dunno: its what i do..

theres a linux based exchange type software that can be installed on your web server which i think would be free, but again i have no experience with it