Best quick detailer I've ever used

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by Scottwax, Feb 3, 2003.

1. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Quikshine, which is made by Clearkote ( www.clearkote.net ).

This is a before and after on a BMW M3. I had detailed it a few weeks before, then the owner had some work done at the dealer and they parked it under a tree so it was dusty and had some sap on it as well. They just wanted a quick clean-up and wax before they picked someone up at the airport (I was cleaning another car so I was already there). No time for a conventional wash, so I QD-ed with Quikshine.

Before:

[​IMG]

After:

[​IMG]

Quikshine got all that crap off the car and left a blinding shine--in the direct sun, no less.

Quikshine works great. Leaves the paint super slick and glassy feeling. If the wax is marginal, it will noticably improve the look of the paint and remove the drying streaks you tend to get when most of the car dries before you go over it with a towel (so you end up wiping a towel across mostly dry paint).

I paid $38 for a gallon and the jug is about 1/5th full, and you fill it up to the full line with water. They also include a 32 oz spray bottle. You can also order it by quarts for $15.

In addition, their Vanilla Moose (polish/glaze) is every bit as good as S100 SEPC, on and off easy and leaves the paint real slick and ready for wax. It will also remove oxidition.

This is the hood of a red Integra (obviously neglected) and I made just one pass by hand with Vanilla Moose. Slight difference!

[​IMG]

Moose Wax is also real good. Very slick wet look that is similar to S100. I know Clearkote has a special right now where you can get a gallon of Quikshine, Moosewax, their car wash, vinyl/rubber protectant and a few other things for $55 or so. I don't know if Vanilla Moose is included or not because it is a new product. I think you have to order it via the comments box on the order page.

Just thought I would pass this along for those who like to try new stuff. I've been using Clearkote products since March. Vanilla Moose and S100 Paste Wax is an excellent combo, btw!

2. iceburgslim

iceburgslim Guest

Looks good! I have a car in the garage that's going to need some oxidation removed when I'm done putting a motor in it. Do you recommend that I start with something like " Vanilla Moose"? I already have S100 Shine-enhancing Cleanser. I take it Vanilla Moose and the S100 SEC are practically interchangable?

3. Scottwax

You can use Vanilla Moose to remove the oxidation and you can follow with S100 SEC or just another coat of Vanilla Moose. Either one will leave the paint ultra slick and glossy.

4. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

If a car is dusty, how do you apply the Quick Detailer? Wouldn't spraying it on and wiping it off with a towel leave scratches?

5. Scottwax

Depends on the quick detailer and how quickly it dries and also how much dust is on the paint. One thing I really like about Quikshine is it is very lubricious. It stays wet. I spritz some on and wipe with a microfiber towel, then flip the towel and wipe again.

If the vehicle is extremely dusty, you can use a California Duster first.

6. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

I don't really have a need for the car duster, or even a quick detailer, I was just curious about using them on other people's cars.

I wash my car so much (about once a week) that it doesn't really make sense for me to use it between washes.

7. luvthong

luvthong Guest

I have it today and I'll give it a try and report my result.

8. Scottwax

We're waiting.... :wavey: