Best Projector in the $1000 range

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by mrburner, Mar 21, 2007.

1. mrburner

mrburner Ron Paul 2008

This will be for home theatre use - there are windows in the room, but they have shades and the room gets fairly dark

looking for something 16:9 that would hopefully have component and composite inputs and hopefully a dvi connection

i was looking at the infocus projectors, but the chepeast one of their good lineup is $1500 and is only 1000 LUMENS

any suggestions would be appreciated as i'm moving into a new place in 2 weeks and need to purchase a tv - a friend of mine has a sharp projector, and its alright, but nothing amazing

also looking for DLP rather than LCD and i would hope it can project 10 feet or so

2. AzGuy79

AzGuy79 OT Supporter

what are your thoughts on the infocus 4805? if you like it, i am trying to get rid of mine. since this isnt the yardsale, pm me if you have interest in it.

3. mrburner

mrburner Ron Paul 2008

i actually just ordered one from woot for $385 or so shipped just to give it a try - if it doens't work out, i'll sell it and get something a little brighter depending on how this turns out

i'm waiting on getting an m1 to anything cable yet because i'm trying to decide between hooking up a computer to it or getting an itv - just waiting on people to get all the different codecs and vlc fully working on itv before i get one

4. mrburner

mrburner Ron Paul 2008

how do you like the 4805? hopefully its good for a beginner projector and if not, it wasn't too expensive and i was expecting to spend $1000-1500