best program to import pictures / video from digital camera (that is not iphoto)

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by brolli, Jan 7, 2010.

1. brolli

brolli OT Supporter

so iphoto is having trouble importing video from my canon powershot sd750. It imports just a thumbnail instead of the whole video... I don't know why either.

So I am looking for the next best program that imports video/pictures from cameras... anyone have a suggestion?

2. Raider007

Raider007 om nom nom nom

Image Capture

it's in your applications folder... much more stream lined than iphotos import function...
    i prefer to capture videos and pictures that way in all honesty...

if you have snow leopard, you can customize it to different cameras

it'll show you thumbnails, let you pick a save location, and you can pick which pictures/video you want to import instead of having to do all of them

3. brolli

brolli OT Supporter

oh wow, thanks for this. Didn't even know that image capture was on my computer... iphoto always started up on default

4. Raider007

Raider007 om nom nom nom

you can change what launches when you plug in your camera in image capture preferences...

5. brolli

brolli OT Supporter

alright I just spent a little while trying to solve my problem. So the main reason why iphoto does not open videos once you upgrade to snow leapord is because there is no quicktime 7 detected. So if you haven't already, put back the snow leopard disc in and install quicktime 7 from the disc. It will open the videos via quicktime X when you double click in iphoto, but it will only do that once it knows you have quicktime 7 on your computer.

6. tenplanescrashing

tenplanescrashing Active Member

Best way to download photos to your computer? Card reader...