Best product to remove sap?

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by Jonesy69, Aug 5, 2001.

1. Jonesy69

Jonesy69 Guest

I got some pine sap on my paint, I got most of it up already. However it still has a rough feel and look to it where the sap was. What can I use to remove that spot?
  2. LBKornhusker

LBKornhusker Muscular cyborg German dude dances with sexy Frenc

Jun 3, 2001
    Use a clay bar kit (Mothers, Meguiar's, etc.). That stuff is magic.:)
  3. Scottwax

Scottwax The Detailing EDU is stickied in the Detailing for Moderator

May 5, 2000
    It still isn't good for your paint. I'd definately rewax where you sprayed the WD 40.

Jonesy-try some wax/adhesive/tar remover to loosen the pine tar and then either clay or polish the area. Rewax, too. A good layer of wax should make any further sap easier to remove.
  4. Jay Jay

Jay Jay Guest

I watched a Meguiar's detailing video the other day (don't laugh at me...I was bored) and they said you should use a paint cleaner before you wax over any surface contaminants (tar, sap, bugs, etc.).

My mom's Audi had sap ALL over the roof and back window and I put some of that tar/bug remover on it and blasted it with a high pressure hose and that got almost all of it off. Then I waxed it and got some more of it off but there is still some more of that crap on there's so ANNOYING!
  5. zerinS4

zerinS4 Guest

3M Clay Bar is by far the best clay bar out there that I've used. Every other one tended to leave clay residue on the paint, but the 3M glides on and doesn't stick at all. Great stuff. I need to use it on my car to get some sap off as well. Follow the clay bar up with some 3M Imperial Hand Glaze and some caranuba wax and you will be good to go!
  6. MyBigNut

Jan 20, 2001
    well i blew 16 bucks at kragen for the mothers (i think) clay bar kit/set thingie.. damit 16 bucks for some damn sap. i havnt tried it yet, but im planning to this weekend.