Best product for HIDING flaws..

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by SoySauciAl, Nov 18, 2006.

1. SoySauciAl

SoySauciAl Guest

2. Team Bob

Team Bob New Member

Um....Photoshop? Be a little more specific here. What kind of flaws?

3. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Try a pure glaze like Meguiars #7 or Clearkote's RMG and top with a couple layers of a carnauba paste.

4. SoySauciAl

SoySauciAl Guest

how long will that last?

5. justin30513

justin30513 New Member

Yep.
    Megs #7 and two coats of #26 will do it fine. As for how long, it depend on you wash system, car wash, and climate. Do it right and you'll have a month before the major stuff shows back up.

Why not just remove the flaws?
    No time?

Just wondering bro.....

6. Scottwax

A month or two.

You also might want to consider mixing Vanilla Moose and Red Machine Glaze 50/50, so you have some cut for removing light defects and good filling ability for what you don't get out.

7. SoySauciAl

SoySauciAl Guest

i work for car dealerships and they dont really care as long as the cars look good.. i do buff a lot of stuff out but i dont really have the time to do a good of a job that i want.. imagine trying to do torn up cars in 1 - 1.5 hours.

8. SoySauciAl

SoySauciAl Guest

hmm.. never though about that. at the company i work for, we use this patented stuff thats like oil. rub it in, let it sit for a 2 minutes, wash it off, wipe, and wipe with final detail spray. works very well but looking for a different alternative. might start mixing different waxes or sealants with glaze and see how it turns out and how long it'll last. It needs to last 2 months.

9. SoySauciAl

SoySauciAl Guest

hmm.. never though about that. at the company i work for, we use this patented stuff that looks like car oil.. the problem is it only last about a month depending on the color of the car and its almost $200 for a bottle! A bottle will last a little over a month. rub it in, let it sit for a 2 minutes, wash it off, wipe, and wipe with final detail spray. also works for dust like chips on the front of the car. works very well but looking for a different alternative. might start mixing different waxes or sealants with glaze and see how it turns out and how long it'll last. It needs to last 2 months.

10. Scottwax

So that is the situation, eh? Look no further than Optimum's new Poli-Seal, a true corrective one step.

This is pretty extreme, but this CL55 was hacked to hell by the dealer. Car will probably need some of it wetsanded out so he asked me just to wax it for some protection until he decides what to do. I used Poli-Seal via PC using a white LC polishing pad-you can probably get even more correction using a rotary, same pad @ 1200 rpm.

Before:

[​IMG]

After:

[​IMG]

11. SoySauciAl

SoySauciAl Guest

Scott.. 95% of the cars i work on looks like that + worst! and they dont care all that much about swirl marks.. hell, its a big pain in the ass buffing a section out and then the it sticks out from the rest of the swirled ass car.. i just try to blend the smoothness and swirls. and no, i dont get paid enough or have enough time to buff out the whole car.

12. Scottwax

Then Poli-Seal is your solution. About $40 a gallon, should be enough for over 100 cars easy.

13. Kinks

Kinks Sup. OT Supporter

my car (nissan skyline R33) has swirl marks that look like that Merc's "before" shot, and have tried both SR #9 and also Megs Light Cutting #2 and the swirls persist (I did a test spot on the bonnet, PC on 5 and putting good pressure on the PC). Any tips? I'm sure it happened at the dealer, the car was cherished by the original owner by all accounts.

After the test spot didn't improve even after #2 I gave up and just waxed it, I can only see the swirls if there's a bright light shining on the paint (good thing it's silver) and at least dirt doesn't stick with wax on it :)

14. SoySauciAl

SoySauciAl Guest

rotary at low speeds and foam cutting pad should knock it right out.

15. Scottwax

I'd try Optimum's Hyper Compound using a cutting pad, then follow with #9 and a polishing pad.

16. Kinks

Kinks Sup. OT Supporter

thanks for the suggestions guys :bigthumb:

last time i went on a cruise I had a look at all the imports and there was only one car out of at least a dozen (as young as mine) that had perfect paint. every single other one had swirls like mine. the owner either got very lucky or his car's been buffed properly :)