GUN Best Place To Conceal? (Good Idea...)

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by az, Nov 20, 2002.

1. az

az Guest

What is the best place to conceal?

I have an idea of putting holster on thigh... That would carry something small, like a baby glock or something...

Then cut a whole in that side of all your pants pockets... All you have to do is put your hand in your "open" pocket, grab the pistol and there you go...

Not sure if it would really work, but sounds cool to me... I wear semi-baggy jeans, so seeing the pistol from the outside wouldn't be a problem...

I also think on the lower part of the leg is a good place (Assuming you are wearing pants)...

Around you waste seems like a hard to grab and shit imo... Especially if perpetrator is like right in front of you...

:dunno:

2. kellyclan

kellyclan She only loves you when she's drunk.

What prevents the holster from working loose sliding down your leg?

3. az

az Guest

^^^ :dunno:

I guess there would be a few details to work out, but I thought it was a :cool: idea...

I mean you get robbed, and they want the dough, you put your hand in your pocket and instead of loot, you pull out a cocked piece.

Idk... A lot of people keep them somewhere on their hip... But you figure in a situation where somebody in pointing a gun at you, it will be from behind or in front of you... So, it is like a 50% chance you could actually grab your gun without them "noticing"

If the gun was "in your pocket" it would be a little more affective, no?

IBsomebodypatentsmyideaforathighholsterandbecomesamillionaire :( :wtc:

4. kellyclan

You'd need a small gun to fit it through your pocket to draw it. Small enough to simply fit in your pocket, even. Why not, instead of cutting a hole in your pocket, just use a pocket holster? :dunno:

5. az

az Guest

^^^ Yea, I figured a "baby" gun should be plenty small... And as far as pockets go, I wear kind of baggy jeans, so the pockets are big too. Now if you wear some Wranglers that are tight as fuck, I don't think this would work. The bagginess of the jeans would help conceal the imprint of the gun on the jeans too, so nobody could tell you were carrying.

As far as a pocket holster, I have never heard of them before... Pics, etc.?

But it seems if the gun was IN your pocket it would be noticable from the outside, to people, etc.

But with my idea, a holster would on either the inside (or outside) of your thigh, so it would be a lot less noticable.

Idk though... I am just thinking...

What is the #1 place to conceal?

6. 7

7 First comes smiles, then lies. Last is gunfire.

they're generally called compacts, not "baby guns" :ugh:

7. az

az Guest

^^^ Baby glock

8. kellyclan

"subcompact Glock" :o

There is no #1 place. :dunno: It all depends what your preference/requirements are. The most used is certainly belt/IWB carry.

9. Sideways

Sideways Do I look like I give a damn?

^^^ you're not even old enough to purchase a handgun :rolleyes:

10. spyder007

spyder007 Bаnned bу Ѕuреr Μоdеrаtоrs

If I had any faith in you holding a gun, I'd tell you about all of the places I hide mine, but uh no.

11. Thunderbear

Thunderbear Guest

SOB! :o

12. az

az Guest

^^^ You don't even know me. :slap: Typical cop, characterizes/stereotypes/prejudice/etc....

13. A96HondaAccordCoupeEX

A96HondaAccordCoupeEX Silver Member

i have a mike's inside the pants holster. I like it, fits nice and conceal easily on my small body. :o

14. Creation

Creation Guest

just put it in your pocket

15. RocCrwlr74

RocCrwlr74 Member

First off, your to young to own a gun. Secondly you live in california where it is next to impossible to get a CCW. Why are you even asking this question??

16. az

az Guest

^^^ I am going to college out of state. :wavey:

17. RocCrwlr74

RocCrwlr74 Member

ok...do you realize that most colleges have strict rules about carrying on campus. Rules that are so strict that if caught, there is a good chance that you'll get kicked out. This also includes dorms.

18. footratfunkface

footratfunkface New Member

just because he's on campus doesn't mean he's carrying. and he can keep it in his car, because the car is an extension of the home. don't take that as gospel, but it's generally true. though, there are laws governing how it may be kept in the car.

19. RocCrwlr74

RocCrwlr74 Member

Actually, just about every college campus has strict no carry rules. That also includes the car, since the parking lot is on school property. Dorms, classes, parking lot, sporting events, all have nocarry rules.

Oh and one more thing, your BAC when you carry cannot be higher than like .01. Something to think about when your living that college experience az

20. footratfunkface

the parking lot is on school property, but the car is personal property, and i do believe that it acts as an extension of the home, where you can keep firearms.

21. USHER

USHER Guest

a robber would think twice before robbing you if he saw that you were carrying a gun, don't you think???

22. footratfunkface

the idea is to avoid any confrontation that would result from people knowing that you were carrying. plus, if someone can see that you're carrying, they can also go for your firearm. if it's concealed properly, you'll barely know it's there, and they won't know at all.

23. spyder007

spyder007 Bаnned bу Ѕuреr Μоdеrаtоrs

seeing the gun makes concealing it a moot point :slap:

24. USHER

USHER Guest

why conceal then? just so you might get the opportunity to kill a guy? :greddy: i'd rather prevent an altercation rather than trick someone into one.

25. footratfunkface

but that's the thing, you wouldn't prevent it, you'd actually encourage it. think about how flashing a gun would make a lot of people react. many would be afraid, yes. but many would consider that provocation. many of the people who might start stuff in the first place will probably start it just because they see you have a gun, and think you can't use it, or don't think you will use it. or, they could try to steal your gun because it's so plainly visible. carrying doesn't mean you have to take less shit, it means you have to take more, to quote from someone here.