GUN Best pellet rifle

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by elephant16, Sep 30, 2002.

1. elephant16

elephant16 New Member

Im wanting a pellet rifle i can snipe squirels and shit with. I use to have a daisy powerline 22x. that rifle was pretty bad. that was 50 bucks. any way what would be a nice one for 150.00 us$$$. And where to get it. They have benjamin pumps at walmart for 100 but they dont seem powerful enough. I prefer 22cal or higher. DOnt the mayke 25 now? something 650+fps. i want it to have good range but definatly not riquichet prone. Something that will make the pellet explode on impact rather than bouncing down the street and hitting someone.

2. Nosamk

Nosamk Guest

get a spring piston. Look at RWS....I have a model 34 and its pretty cool

3. fst89lx

fst89lx Member

yea, RWS is good stuff. Also check out Beeman (I think they still make pellet guns.) I have a beeman model ?? w/ a simmons scope, it does pretty nice on birds/squirrels whatever. its something like 800-950 fps w/ .177cal pellets.

4. elephant16

elephant16 New Member

Yeh i definatly want a springer. Ive found this one

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/t...613&catalogCode=IC&parentId=&parentType=&rid=

Crosman RM 777 Spring Air Rifle

Im considering it. Cabelas is a very trustworthy company. What are some other online stores i need to look at. This paticular model the crossman rm 777 comes in .177 cal and has a fps of 1100. Thats pretty bad ass. The only thing is i dont really know if it would have enough punch. I would be shooting things any where from armedelos to snakes to rats birds etc. I want something with a punch. I think the rm 777 comes in a .22 cal. which has a around 850 fps. Now thats a pretty decent rating. I cant really find any websites. Does any one know a air gun forum where i can get more information.

I really need a air rifle right now i have rabid ass dogs running in my yard and riping my pets in half. I also had a water mocasin close to my house they other day. I didnt kill it i left it be and it ended up biting my dog on the face. Messed her up pretty bad but the swelling went down. Besides squirel season opens soon.

5. elephant16

elephant16 New Member

btw dont recomend a .22 rifle. I have one. Its too loud plus the bullet bouncses. (i live in a sub division) so that wouldnt be too great. Id probaly get a few years in juvi for that:greddy: :OP: :ugh:

6. elephant16

elephant16 New Member

7. GTC

GTC WDP>*

Do not buy the crosman springers, they ae made by a mexican company called Mendoza and are generally crap. If you want a springer, do it right. Get yourself a Beeman R-9 in .20 cal.

8. Merli

Merli gplus.to/merli OT Supporter

Why would you want to shoot a squirrel?

9. elephant16

elephant16 New Member

:wavey: to eat it:big grin:

10. fst89lx

fst89lx Member

:werd: they taste like chicken man!!! :drool:

11. TwoGuns

TwoGuns Medical Crew

Gamo's good. I have one of the break-barrel .177 cal pellet rifles. Shoots around 1100 fps. Every time I hit a rat with it, the pellet goes straight through.

12. GucciGucci

GucciGucci Active Member

This ?

http://www.ishop.co.uk/ishop/14/shopscr3.html

http://www.gunpower.org.uk/home.htm

[​IMG]

The Gunpower Stealth is a unique adult air weapon designed today for the shooters of tomorrow.

Primarily built as a superb take-down hunting rifle, the Stealth, now available in .177 (4.5mm) is an accurate target gun.

The aircraft grade aluminium and space age polymer combination, together with state of the art production techniques give a high performance air rifle like no other. Using compressed air as its power source the Gunpower range can give over 500 shots per fill at 12ft/lbs in .22 using a BS certified cylinder that can be inexpensively filled from a standard scuba tank or from a high pressure stirrup pump.

The Stealth features a 12 inch Lothar Walther premium match barrel in .22 (5.5mm) and .177 (4.5mm) calibres.

The Stealth comes with the unique versatile Gunpower "multi-mount" system featuring three dovetail mounting rails for accessories.

The firing system is ergonomically designed with an automatic safety and easily accessible safety release, two stage trigger, an over-sized cocking knob, a large pellet loading port and a burst disc to prevent over filling on the tank.

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATION

VELOCITY 400-1000 feet per second / 120-310 metres per second (depending upon calibre, pellet weight and power setting)

POWER ADJUSTMENT Factory fixed or where permitted, user adjustable.

FILL PRESSURE (AIR ONLY) 3000 psi/200 bar - compressed air only

ACTION Single shot
    WEIGHT 5.25 lbs (2.38 kg)
    LENGTH 29 ins (74 cm)
    BARREL 12 ins (30 cm)
    TWIST 1 in 16 inches
    CALIBRE .177 (4.5mm) and .22 (5.5mm)
    TRIGGER 2 stage adjustable, for position and over-travel
    SIGHTS Open sights or scopes may be fitted
    AIR TANK VOLUME 490 cc
    SAFETY Automatic on cocking - can be re-set by pushing cocking knob completely forward