Best Mountain Bike Seat?

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by deusexaethera, Aug 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

I bought a Selle Italia Fluid a couple of years ago (notably, it isn't being made anymore) and it hurts like hell. I don't know if mine was defective or if my expectations were wrong, but the seat is hard as a rock and puts so much pressure right on my ass bones that it aches for days afterwards if I try to ride again. I really can't stand the thing; I've barely ridden at all in the past year. Maybe it's supposed to be a road seat? I dunno.

So I'm in the market for a new seat. I want something nice looking (color isn't that important), reasonably well-padded but not a fatass design, and I'm willing to trade some pressure in the middle of the seat to get away from having all the pressure on the back corners. I'm still leaning towards Selle Italia's other models, but I'm not sure anymore what exactly I should look for, since I can't really try them before I order one online. Recommendations?

2. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

3. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

Thanks for the link.

I know this "Fitness and Nutrition" forum is pretty much owned by the weightlifters, but does anyone else have an opinion or recommendation?

4. Katsumoto

Katsumoto New Member

Ask in the Great Outdoors, lots of mtn bikers in there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.