best minivan to purchase ?

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by lolcula, Jul 27, 2009.

1. lolcula

lolcula OT Supporter

need something that balances out
    -looks
    -space
    -reasonable power
    -also price

any suggestions or preferences?

2. LA02MAX

LA02MAX New Member

What year and price range are you looking at?

If newer: look at the honda odyssey. Nice interiors, decent power and good gas mileage. A few things go wrong here and there with them, but that's to be said about any car.

If older: nissan quest. extreeeeemely reliable and torquey engine (don't let the power levels fool you, it'll pull on a newer odyssey no problem), solid interior with plenty of features. Only problem is they're not as large as most newer minivans.

3. lolcula

lolcula OT Supporter

i'm open to most price levels
    upper would be i guess odyssey or sienna
    and lower would be a new uplander

i just want to find out if the price is worth it for a honda or toyota as they aren't cheap. or am i going to be fine with something like a caravan

4. Morgan06

Morgan06 New Member

06+ Kia Sedona

5. popsnbeer

popsnbeer New Member

I'm partial to the Sienna, but I rode in a 06 odyssey the other day and it seemed pretty nice (good power, not too much body roll [for a minivan], but a whole hell of a lot of buttons that looked cheap).

I haven't been in a Sedona since about 2004 or 2005 and I remember not liking it at all, but I have heard okay things from the owners, mainly about the price of them.

6. lolcula

lolcula OT Supporter

one thing i don't like about the sienna is, the seat cloth looks dated and cheap. am i right about this or is there something else i can choose

7. popsnbeer

popsnbeer New Member

go with leather? that's what I have always done when their cloth options are hideous.

8. lolcula

lolcula OT Supporter

[​IMG]

about the rear seats, are they only suitable for children? they look quite uncomfortable for long distances.. being just a bench raised up off the ground

9. Morgan06

Morgan06 New Member

06+ Sedona got alot of updates, lighter and with a motor big enough to finally put a smile on a Kia tech's face. That may not be saying much in terms of speed, but this is a minivan thread.

They aren't as nice to look at- but they're cheap, safe, reliable with a good warranty and decent enough for a family hauler. You don't really get more comfortable on long trips than any minivan when compared to other vehicle classes, besides something like a Regency or other conversion model.

I think one of the car magazines that does the 'keep it for 6 months and let every writer drive it' did an article with a Sedona that replaced their Odyssey. The consensus IIRC was that while it didn't do everything great- it did everything well enough to make them not miss the Honda and it's price tag.

10. RyRy

RyRy Active Member

Chrysler Town & Country Limited ftw... except gas mileage. I drive like an old man an can rarely manage above 20.5mpg average.