Best media player. v3

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by about:blank, Nov 18, 2007.

1. about:blank

about:blank Whether you think that you can or that you can't,

I know we've had this discussion before but I just wanted to weigh in and get some more opinions. I tried just about every media player out there

VLC - crashed more times than any app I've ever encountered, trying the new version later.

Nice Player - basically a new interface for quicktime, supports the apple remote and vastly improves functionality. I'd still be using this today but after installing life 07 quicktime/niceplayer now takes about 30 seconds to load a 150mb video, several minutes for 700mb movie.

Mplayer OSX - it's a decent player for watching videos, quick load times. It lacks many features of the others, no support for the apple remote, forward or reverse using arrow keys.

Quicktime - just a shittier version of nice player that you have to pay for if you want to watch in full screen :greddy:

I don't remember any others and would love to hear other peoples opinions. I would really like to go back to nice player if I can figure out how to solve the loading times.

2. mobbarley

mobbarley Active Member

not any more, update to the latest version.

I use qt for everything, vlc for anything that wont play in qt (rare)

3. Raider007

Raider007 om nom nom nom

i've never really had a problem with VLC...
    rarely it crashes once i quit out of it, but never while watching something :dunno:

4. dorkultra

dorkultra OT's resident crohns dude OT Supporter

miro isn't bad

i use niceplayer for pretty much everything. vlc if it won't play in niceplayer, quicktime if i really need to

5. MUDFISH

MUDFISH New Member

I use QuickTime PRO for everything... with the Jack-n-Jill codec, it handles just about everything...