Best Leather conditioner & Cleaner

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by Mikey, Oct 29, 2004.

1. Mikey

Mikey This one, this form I hold now, so Wide eyed and h

There's a few marks on one of the seats I'd liek to get cleaned off and the left side of the driver seat is starting to crack, so I want to condition the leather to handle the aging better.

2. Labster

Labster OT Supporter

For the cleaner I would go with Lexol if it's a real stubborn stain or you might be able to get away with using a 6:1 mix of Woolite. As far as the conditioner I like Turtle Wax Leather Conditioner and also Meguiars Gold Class Leather Conditioner.

3. MrBonus

MrBonus Et Tu, Brute?

Have you had any experience with Lexol's conditioner?

Also, how often should leather be conditioned?

4. Labster

Labster OT Supporter

I haven't used the conditioner yet only the cleaner. I condition the leather in my mom's car every 6 months or so.

5. Bigsnake

Bigsnake OT Supporter

I've used Lexol's cleaner and conditioner before and they're pretty good.

I personally use PRO's Leather Cleaner and Leather Lotion. Their cleaner works great and has taken care of some pretty bad vehicles before.

Leatherique also has some good stuff to bring back leather.

6. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Water and Woolite is what Lexus recommends....well, a 5% wool safe detergent solution, they just don't recommend a specific product but Cadillac used to. 32oz of Woolite is about $5-6 and it makes 1.5+ gallons of leather cleaner depending on what dilution level you use. 6:1 for heavy stains but you can go with 10 to 12:1 on light stains. Very effect and it leaves the leather noticably softer.

I like the Turtle Wax Leather Conditioner also. Readily available and it really makes the leather feel good without a greasy shine. Very muted sheen is all it leaves behind with a faint leather scent.

7. Woolite doesn't condition though right?

Plus is it possible to "over" condition your leather hence causing extra wear in the long term or is that just a myth?

8. SilverLexus

SilverLexus Guest

I'm a big fan of Zaino Z-9 and Z-10. ClubLexus seems to be recommending these two as well.

9. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Honestly? I have customers whose interiors I have never done any more than a wipe down with a damp cloth and since their leather stays clean, it stays supple. One of them has a 1996 Mercedes E320 that I have been washing/waxing 3-4 times a year since it was brand new. All his interior ever needs is a vacuum and a wipe down. His leather still looks and feels new.

As long as you keep the leather clean, you shouldn't have to condition it more than a few times a year at the most.