Best keyboard/mouse combo

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Hairy Gorilla, Dec 15, 2004.

1. Hairy Gorilla

Hairy Gorilla New Member

So I'm wondering what the best keyboard mouse combo is, that is currently available. I have the thermaltake keyboard and mouse and it turned out to be the biggest POS i've ever owned.

I saw the Microsoft Wireless optical desktop elite at the store the other day and loved it, but I don't think I have any need for wireless?? I'd rather not spend money on batterys ever month or two if i'm not gonna use the wireless feature. Do they make that combo in as a normal keyboard and mouse, with wires and all? Otherwise does anyone else have any suggestions or reasons why I should just get wireless?

2. Jman

Jman New Member

thermaltake makes a nice wireless combo

3. MP

MP New Member

I've had the logitech cordless duo for a few years now. Never any problems. I plan on upgrading my mouse to the mx1000 after xmas though. :dunno:

I like it though

4. Zourn

Zourn 16-bit Ninja OT Supporter

:werd: I have had awesome experiences with Logitech's Cordless Elite Duo.
    Batteries aren't that bad as long as you buy the NiMH rechargeables and charger.

5. Penguin Man

Penguin Man Protect Your Digital Liberties

I hate keyboards with all sorts of extra buttons and things, they just get in my way. I have a cheapo $15 keyboard, plain beige with just the normal keys and a Logitech MX510. They both work perfectly for me.

6. ZiRo

ZiRo Guest

I wouldnt mind some super leet keyboard and mouse combo.

My computer is medium spec, its in an old case.. You instantly think its shit, till you boot it up. Why do computers have to look pretty nowadays?

7. Hairy Gorilla

Hairy Gorilla New Member

Definately never buying a thermaltake keyboard, ever. My current one has all the F keys miswired, buttons pop out of place, and it feels like a piece of shit in general. I'll look into the logitech. I don't like how the microsoft mouses scroll so smoothly. I think it will be hard in first person action games. Am I wrong?

8. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

mx1000 for the mouse. I have yet to find the perfect kb.

9. johnson

johnson New Member

An old IBM keyboard (the one that clicks real loud)? Or a Microsoft Natural.

10. Hairy Gorilla

Hairy Gorilla New Member

I think i've decided on the mx510 for a mouse...like I said, no need for wireless. I might just go to the store and pick up a basic keyboard. I'd rather have all the features on my mouse, as opposed to the keyboard. I hate looking down on the keyboard for shit.