Best In Car Sound Dampering...?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Ronin, Apr 22, 2005.

1. Ronin

Ronin Guest

2. lowfat

lowfat 24/Mac/SciFi/PC Crew OT Supporter

I use to use b-quiet back in the day, and it was pretty decent for the price. and i must be getting old cause i have never heard of edead or secondskin.

3. Ronin

Ronin Guest

"Second Skin Motor Mat is a high temperature heat barrier and hood liner made of an acoustic grade, semi open, and semi closed cell foam with aluminum."

:dunno:

4. bearsdidit

bearsdidit OT Supporter

i use dynamat because i get it for cheap. raammat worked really well too and it was extremely cheap.

5. ledzep73

ledzep73 New Member

dynamat isnt bad stuff, my whole car was wrapped in it. big wreck today, and now i dont have a car

6. Ronin

Ronin Guest

oh shit that sucks dude, what happened?

I use dynamat as well but due to its price and these other products i came across i've been curious.

I think when I do my next car I'm going to do the whole thing in liquid and thick foam baffling. I'll probably use a combination of products, I might get into SQ competition or something

7. CraneCamsOU

CraneCamsOU OT Supporter

Just go to your local hardware store and pick up some roofing assfalt mat, it's the same stuff as basic dynamat for a fraction of the price.

OR....

Check out http://www.mcmaster.com/
    They have so much sound proofing and other cool stuff for cheap. Really a great site.

8. mtkversion

mtkversion Good Times Aplenty

I just put down 12.5 square feet of Peel & Seal roofing material in my trunk today. I noticed a slight improvement in the amount of exhaust noise coming in but honestly don't think I noticed any improvement in bass response. I bought 2 rolls so I'll probably go over the top with two layers next week and get some eDead for the trunk lid and rear deck panels.

9. Nick Gerz

Nick Gerz OT Supporter

let us know how it goes.

10. ledzep73

ledzep73 New Member

I was going thru an intersection, and a minivan speed up to try and get in front of me, and nailed my passenger door at 45-55 mph. MY sister was in the passenger seat, it was pretty scary to look over and see a van smash her door in and glass go everywhere, but we were both fine, I just had some cuts and shit, she was perfectly fine.

Sorry for the late response :p

11. ronman84

ronman84 New Member

also dense expanding foam is good too, put it in the open cavities in yer car, like in the rear quarter panels, i did it to my old sentra and it works pretty good, what ever overflows can be cut out with a knife, they sell it at home depot, it's called great stuff, it's a cheap n easy was to fill in those spaces

12. Ronin

Ronin Guest

the expanding foam commonly found in boats?

13. NCTRNL

NCTRNL New Member

14. HaileyGrace

HaileyGrace Guest

15. StraX22

StraX22 Stuckitude

B-quiet is good stuff, but I would not recomend it for use on roofs. Especially down here in the Texas heat, it will melt off.
    Great stuff on floors though.

We've been using Hush matt with good results.

16. walman7

walman7 "Did you hurl in my shoe?"

i dynamatted by entire car (99 integra) and really didn't notice much difference; of course it was only afterward that i realized there was a foam insulation that i shoudl've used which would've eliminated the road and tire noise which is what i was trying to do

17. MacAlert

MacAlert Maxima driver OT Supporter

My installer swears by Cascade Audio. I plan on getting it installed after I get back from vacation.

18. FindersKeepers

FindersKeepers New Member

I used Raamat in my truck...

Hhhhhoooo what a difference!

I have everything in my cab covered EXCEPT the roof and the passenger side floor... I ran out :mamoru:

It was nice to work with, seemed a little thicker than dynamat, came in a 62.5 ft roll, and has definatly changed the interior acoustics of the truck!

I need to get some more though for the roof and to finish the passenger side... Rick at Raam is a good guy to deal with.

19. dbman96

dbman96 Active Member

The Raammat is good stuff, but the real winner is the Ensolite foam Rick sells in combination with his mat... the foam is what helps with road noise, the mat helps deaden panel resonance. Together they make a big difference.

20. JRock10

JRock10 Active Member

i've read good reviews of brown bread www.b-quiet.com/brownbread.html
    btw, i'm using dynamat exteme, and i noticed lower exhaust note and more bass, but it's expensive.