SRS Best friend's sister....I'm falling for her...

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Dorn, Feb 13, 2006.

1. Dorn

Dorn New Member

Alrighty, so here's the deal. The past three months or so, we've all been hanging out together. When I say "we all," I mean myself, my best friend, my other good friend, my best friend's girlfriend, and my best friend's sister. His sister is 22 or 23 (I don't know why I don't remember), and has an 8 month old son.

Well, I've started falling for her. A month or so back, I started looking at her a different way. We started talking all the time when we were hanging out, and just generally had fun. Wasn't sure what to do, so I kind of put it out my mind. However, it all came back this past week.

We were texting each other a few times during the week. Her good friend was having a party on Saturday night, so we all went over there. We were all just having a good time talking and what not. Towards the end of the night, it got a little....good, I guess. Everyone was dancing, and I ended up dancing with her. Just kind of "grinding" away, right in front of her brother. I would have felt bad, but he was pushing for me to go dance with her, which was a little weird. She would always grab my arms and wrap them around her. Just, everything was kind of weird. In between dancing, we would be standing off the side or standing outside, and she'd walk up and take my arm and put it around her, and she would wrap her arms around me. Again, in front of her brother. After we were dancing once, we started holding hands for a little bit.

Overall, it was just really, really weird, and it brought back all the emotions of before and heightened them. When we were talking, I was having fun talking to her. When we were dancing, I was having fun with her. Keep in mind, I never, ever dance, yet I did with her and had no problem. I felt incredibly comfortable when we were hugging or she was hugging me.

I honestly don't know what to do. She was on my mind all day yesterday, and again today she's been on my mind. I really tempted to call her or something and see if she wants to go to lunch tomorrow, or wait and see about going to lunch on Thursday, just something easy. Then again, she's my best friend's sister. Granted, it's his older sister, so that's a little better, but it'd still be weird. I don't think he'd have a problem with it, I'm not a guy that fucks over a girl, but then again, what if he doesn't. What if he gets pissed off at me even bringing it up?

I don't know. Any advice would be much appreciated. I don't want to miss this chance, if there is one, but then again, it is my best friend's sister. I think a friendship with him is a lot more important than my wants.

Cliffs: Falling for best friend's sister, went to party and hit it off big time with her, she showed a lot of interest, don't know what to do.

2. teo

teo . => ? => !

404 problem not found. Go for it! :) If you're worried about your buddy, then ask him if he's opposed, but it's not really his business anyway. She's a big girl and can make her own decisions. The child is young enough that if things don't work out early on you can go your separate ways without harm. Where is the child's father?

3. Colonel Panic

Colonel Panic New Member

I think he would go for it. At least he would know she would be with a decent guy and not a user/abuser.

4. BlazinBlazer Guy

BlazinBlazer Guy Witness to The De-Evolution of Mankind.

I fail to see a problem here. If her brother were bothered by it, he already would've said something about it after seeing what y'all were doing in front of him at the party.

5. Create

Create :free at last:

Are you ready to be a father?

6. Dorn

Dorn New Member

As far as I know, not really in the picture. I honestly don't think that he really sees the kid, at least not from what I've seen. She seems to always have him.

7. Dorn

Dorn New Member

Don't think I'd necessarily be a "father" right now, but that's something that has crossed my mind. It'd be a little weird with a kid in the picture.

8. justinhazard

justinhazard New Member

My thoughts exactly... He is your best friend. If he was pushing you to dance with her and stuff nd didn't have a problem with it that is really awesome! This means that he has trust in you that you will be good to her. Good luck my friend! :bigthumb:

9. Dorn

Dorn New Member

I think another thing holding me back a bit is the fact that I'm moving in August. She knows it, I know it, everyone knows it. Unless something major happens, I'm out of her. Granted, I'm only going to be 6 hours away, but still, if things somehow got serious in that time, it'd be a bad situation I think, especially with her son involved. I don't know.....

I think I might send her a text tomorrow saying happy Valentine's day, then see if she wants to meet up for lunch on Thursday.

10. hatedbyall

hatedbyall New Member

give her a chance, we never know anything unless we live life.

11. JohnJohnJohnson

JohnJohnJohnson Effetely Sipping My Latte OT Supporter

You feel weird bc you think the brother should have some kind of complex about guys liking his sister.

I have a sister. I am extremely close with her. If she liked a guy I knew, chances are that I would like him too, even if I wouldn't like him normally, just because she thinks he's a good guy. Not every brother is a dumb chunk of macho American bravado.

In your case, things are going really well. The sister likes you, and the brother likes you, and the brother likes the idea of you and the sister, or he would not have pushed you to dance with her, so why don't you realize the fucking awesome situation you are in and go get with that girl.

12. YesterdaysGone

YesterdaysGone Iced Out Platinum Member

my sister decided once that she liked one of my friends. i said, hey, he is good enough to be a great friend by me, he is ok for her..... and i let it happen....

one day one of my other acquaintances showed interest, and i told him that i would kill him if he ever tried to get into bed with my sister.

he will be honest to you, just make sure you treat his sister extra well, on his behalf. the fact that he is ok with the idea, means he is going to be ok with you going for it. if you get a firm no from him, respect it. sisters are precious to us brothers, and we will take action when necessary.

well said, john, just thought i'd back it up in my own words.

13. JohnJohnJohnson

JohnJohnJohnson Effetely Sipping My Latte OT Supporter

Slightly different stance. I would have no problem if someone I didn't like tried to get with my sister, because I trust my sister's judgment exactly as much as I trust my own. That means that if she decided to accept his advances, I would have to reevaluate why I didn't like the guy in the first place.

14. Dorn

Dorn New Member

Alrighty, so I've basically come to the conclusion that I'm going to at least try. See what happens. I'm contemplating whether or not to see if she wants to meet up for lunch Thursday, or just wait until next week and see if anything happens this weekend.

We exchanged happy valentine's day messages today. That's about the only thing that's been said between us since Saturday night.

15. PeacefulAnarchy

PeacefulAnarchy You get one for the money, two for the show, three

Darth Dorn: Welcome to the club. I'm now 17 1/2, and I outgrew my peers WAYYY to quickly. Maturity wise, I'm more like a 23 year old.

My best friend's sister is turning 21 in a few weeks, and I have been in love with her since last summer. She just doesn't know it yet :hsugh: .

I would have gotten laid already but I can't stand teenagers, so I'm still a virgin (Don't laugh).

Word to the wise: Don't try to outgrow your fellow teenagers to be "above" them. You'll regret it later.

16. thisgsx

thisgsx New Member

I have the same delimna here. Everything as you described, but mine happened at a club. A week later I asked my friend about his sis. He said 'FUCK OFF!' I respect him so til this day, all I could do is look but no touchy touchy. :wtc:

17. Dorn

Dorn New Member

A little update. We were supposed to go to lunch Thursday, but couldn't get out of our respective jobs at the same time. So that was ditched.

Saturday night, I hung out with her brother. We went out to play some pool, and about 10 minutes in, he says "I know what we should do. Invite (his sister) and (her friend) down here." Turns out she had the baby that night, couldn't come out.

I don't know. I'm thinking now of just calling her Thursday while I'm at work and seeing if she wants to grab dinner that night.

18. Stemby

Stemby Whoooose House? COOOOOOOOOOOOGS HOUSE!

He knows she likes you and is trying to help get it started. Do you trust him? If you do just let him know how you feel.

19. Colleen

Colleen Active Member

i dont see the problem .. sounds like you are the only one uncomfortable with the situation... ive dated some of my bros friends before and no one was angry about it.. you just have to remember that because its his sister you have to treat her with respect or you might loose a friend

20. BlazinBlazer Guy

If she just had a baby? Yeah I kinda doubt she's gonna be able to be quite as free to go do things for a while. If anything, if you want to take her dinner, or MAKE her dinner, that would be better, IMO.

21. Dorn

Dorn New Member

The baby is 8 months old. I don't want anything fancy or special, just hang out. Go from there.

22. jonno

jonno New Member

doesnt sound like the brother has a problem with it. go for it

23. BlazinBlazer Guy

Oh crap, I just noticed the dates on the old posts :o Nevermind then -- proceed, sir!

24. Dorn

Dorn New Member

Well hell. We had planned to meet up for something to eat tonight, but it's cancelled now. She had the kid, and didn't really want to go out with him.

But, she said we have to go out to two dinners now. :x:

25. Dorn

Dorn New Member

Oh, now the question is, do I ditch the get together on Saturday with the people from work and go to dinner with her, go the get together, or try and mix the two?