best friends dating best friends, good idea?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by tropic of carnage, Nov 28, 2006.

1. tropic of carnage

tropic of carnage New Member

My sister/best friend/roommate has been seeing this guy for about a month, they are super passionate about each other and I completly love both of them. Recently we have been hanging out with his best friend, we go out all four of us, or hang out at home. It is really fun, last night when we were all hanging out me and the best friend started getting cuddly, and he asked me on a date (which I said yes to, and am very excited about)
    I am just wondering peoples opinion on friends dating friends, is this doomed?

2. OoOlAlA

OoOlAlA New Member

I have always thought it would be fun:dunno:

3. tropic of carnage

tropic of carnage New Member

Yeah so far it is. I just worry about if either relationship doesnt work out. But it's so cool cause we all know so much about each other, and it is so much more relaxed.

4. Socrates

Socrates New Member

Best friends usually tell each other everything, so be careful what you say.

5. ~QueenBee~

~QueenBee~ OT Supporter

I've dated many of my friends....and guess what? we're all still friends despite the fact it didnt work out. Friends are freinds....the good ones still stick by unless you fuck up royally

6. Ramataklan

Ramataklan Active Member

what kind of best friend is this after a month?

7. lauren

lauren Active Member

GREAT while it lasts, but it never does :o

sounds like your attraction is one of convienance and circumstance than anything else.

8. hotsauce

hotsauce New Member

it can work

my gf's best friend is going out with a good friend of mine

9. skitcy

skitcy uhm title! ok

You're reading comprehension scores you a 10.9/10 on the scale of fucking retarded.

She's talking about

HER Best Friend and HERSELF

Dating SOME GUY and HIS BEST FRIEND ( Aka friends on friends BUT they were not friend pre-existing ).

Yeah just be careful what you say.. and if one of your relationships goes down the tube it would be very interesting needless to say. Goodluck :) :x:

10. OoOlAlA

OoOlAlA New Member

I guess the only thing i think that could go wrong is one of you has a bad break up. Like lets say your best friends guy cheated on her but you and your boyfriend stay together. Your friend probably wont be around you as much if you are with him because his best friend will be around. But in the mean time I think it would be alot of fun. You all can hang out and you and your best friend will have lots to talk about.

11. DSAzeppelin

DSAzeppelin New Member

My old roommate was my best friend. His GF introduced me to her best friend, and surprisingly we ended up becoming friends and eventually had a good relationship.

So we were all best buds dating eachother's best buds....and while it lasted, it was ok.

But then my buddie's GF started comparing the two relationships(she was jealous of us) and a lot of shit happened between those two then they broke up. All this drama happened between them, and while my GF and I were trying to stay out of it, we eventually were sucked in.

It didn't change anything with my GF and I, but it definately wasn't fun being sucked into all the drama and even being used as excuses. Then they expected us to choose sides....etc.

She blamed my pal for not being a better guy and BF like I was. He blamed her for not being like my GF. Blah Blah Blah Blah....we had nothing to do with anything, but since we were part of the circle, we got turned into the cannon fodder.

it was annoying. I even told both of them to keep us out of it, we're not going to be a part of it or choose sides...etc. But no matter what, it always came back around to us. :uh:

I don't know if this is common or not. Because this was a first for me. But I can definately see the pattern about how things can get complicated if any couple fight and breakup...etc.