SRS best friend stole my man, what do i do

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by lcgurl07, May 7, 2008.

1. lcgurl07

lcgurl07 New Member

Hi everyone. So here is the deal. Back in March over spring break I met this more amazing guy, or so I thought. I came back to college all excited about finally meeting this new guy and how happy I was to hangout w/him again. So I am sitting in the lounge telling my friends about him and showing a few friends his picture. They were all like hes wicked cute and seems pretty chill. So meanwhile I am talking to him online while I am telling my friends about him and we are planning a time to hang out. He asked me do you have a friend for my room mate, so I obviously think YES my single best friend. So I told him yes and he goes can we see a picture so I said sure. I show him a picture of her and he is like can I have her screeen name so I can give it to my room mate. So stupid me is like yes sure of corse! Little did I know he started talking to her and he wanted her. He asked her out on a date later that night after talking to her for 45 mins. Yet he continued to still talk to me and talk about our date and "us". So my friend tells me he asked me out and I said yes. So I'm pissed bc i want him but because I am a people pleaser and I cant say NO I said fine you can have him. So we hangout and we all have fun. To make a long story short, they have been dating for 3 months now and they are talking about marriage and a life together. I am also still really resentful,jealous and mad! I want him soo bad but I know he is a scumbag. He has also had a shaky past and is a pathological liar. Am i doing myself a favor by not being with this scum bag? Should I be supportive of my best friend? Should I tell my best friend the awful things he has done to people in the past and if so how do I do that without sounding like a jealous bitch who wants to break them up? What are everyone's thoughts?? thanks everyone!
    lc

2. Turboegt

Turboegt New Member

You cant tell your friend these things without sounding like a Jealous bitch who wants them to break up, because you are a jealous bitch who wants them to break up.

That being said.

You talked up this guy, he wants your friend more than you. So deal with it.

Go find another guy, a better guy who didn't do all those bad things to people in the past, and who isn't a pathological liar.

You don't need this one. Get a better one. You have the power of the Vag. Get whatever one you want.

3. skych

skych New Member

sounds like a shitty guy to begin with, there's no reason for you to be jealous. he'll probably just use her to get at her friends, so just be there for her when she gets hurt

4. Redbeard

Redbeard OT Supporter

Ditch them both, you will have plenty of drama if you dont.

5. PureEnergy

PureEnergy New Member

Your bestfriend is not your friend at all. She could of rejected him, but chose to go after him. Be glad that you found out about this dude now than later.

Time to find another best friend and a man.

6. Ark

Ark New Member

I understand that you liked the guy but honestly ask yourself why. Knowing all the "bad" stuff he's done in the past why would you want to be with him. If your friend knew you liked this guy and still went after him thats not a very good friend. I'd distance myself for sure from the guy he isn't worth your time and I'd reevaluate your friendship with your friend.

7. lcgurl07

lcgurl07 New Member

Thanks guys for all the advice, the thing is,he always talks to me and its hard to escape him....he's always up in my grill talking to me and asking for my help.......i dont really like him anymore but its just annoying...

8. Amanda Ann

Amanda Ann New Member

Ignore his phone calls, texts, emails, instant messages, etc. Only way to get him out of your life. As for your "best friend" stealing your man - I would re-evaluate your relationship. That's a pretty shitty thing to do, and you should have stood up for yourself and told her how you felt from the beginning.

9. eXyle

eXyle ׂ

forget about the guy, he's not worth the trouble. ignore him and cut him out of your life, he's of no benefit to you, except if you're okay being his rebound/sex buddy.

as far as your friend, she really didn't steal him from you. it was a crap move on her part, but you also told her she can have him. depending on the strength of the friendship (girls use "best friend" way too much), you may need to cut her loose as well, keep your distance for the time being, or try to maintain the friendship.

10. JohnJohnJohnson

JohnJohnJohnson Effetely Sipping My Latte OT Supporter

you guys had not agreed to be monogamous so i'm not seeing any theft here.

11. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Everyone has said all there is to say.

He can only annoy you if you choose to let him annoy you. Stop talking to/seeing him and that girl that's definitely not your best friend.

Learn from this. He's not worth it.

12. Dreams2Reality

Dreams2Reality saywhat

FUCKING :werd:

13. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

A cute face doesn't mean a kind heart (just heard that on a song on the radio lol) and its meant for this thread especially,

Well then let me give you some special advice , imagine you are on an island and while you walk thru the jungle by pure coinsidence you stumble on a huge treasure,you run back to a local village and you tell about this to the local pirates (your female (pirate) friends)in the bar you found a big treasure at location X, now you go and guess how big the chance is you treasure will be stolen? Pretty big if you ask me.

Its basically a problem you have, you need to learn to say NO and keep your mouth shut, you don't have to tell everything you know. For you its a good thing to THINK first,Think about the risks of what you say and do before you spill your mouth to the bloodhounds.

You were lucky the guy seemingly was a jerk, but you don't want this stuff happening when your dream prince comes along, although not perfect but good enough to be your SO so to speak. Be carefull hon.

14. Lucky Penny

Lucky Penny Mr. cut me some slack cause I don't wanna go back,

Not kidding.

404 best friend and good guy not found. :ugh:

Don't waste your time, doll.

15. kiri

kiri New Member

honestly... i don't know why you're calling him a scumbag. i mean yeah, he should have had the balls to tell you that he was interested in your friend and not you, but the fact is that he likes her more than you. big deal :dunno: you didn't date him, you didn't know him for that long. put yourself in his position; what if you met some girl that you kinda liked, and then met a girl who you thought could be THE ONE. would you go out with the first girl because you felt bad, even though you have no real "claim" to her? no, you would put your happiness first, which is exactly what you should do now. be happy that he and your friend have found something special together, and keep your eye out for guys that are actually into you.

16. vodkacollins

vodkacollins New Member

i had a similar situation happen to me a while back. only my best friend didnt tell me this guy had contacted her and i was in the dark for quite some time. but looking back on it, if he was so interested in her, then he obviously wasnt the right guy for me. yes, he should have been up front with you, and he shouldnt really be talking to you any more

as for your friend, i would just be aware of the type of person she is. she did let you know that he asked her out, which is good that she didnt try and hide it from you, but she also said yes knowing you really liked the guy. i wouldnt distrust her completely, just have your eyes open

in my situation, i stopped talking to the guy immediately. he wasnt worth it. it took me 3 years to talk to the girl again. we are friends now, but its a different type of relationship than it was before.

i would just stop communication with him altogether. he doesnt like you, there is no reason for you to be talking to him anyway. you probably only like him cause he is someone you cant have

oh yeah, and i quoted kiri cause i like the way she stated everything

17. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

Forget him.

Grow up.

Enough said.

18. jkiley07

jkiley07 New Member

3 months and they're talking about marriage? hahahaha that's going to fail quick

19. lcgurl07

lcgurl07 New Member

yeah tell me about it...he bought her 1200dollar 3 stone diamond "promise ring" more like an cheap engagment ring if i say so haha but hes not giving it to her until the end of the summer / beginning of the next school year.....he told me im making his toast at his wedding for getting them together!my friends and i r plotting for them to fail and have bets on it!its a fun game haha!

20. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

Hey guys? Why don't we stop talking about how the best friend isn't really a best friend. We can't do anything about that. Let's instead focus on helping the OP improve herself. The whole thing kinda reeked of pettiness and immaturity...let's see if we can give her tips on how to prevent this in the future.

Two things I can think of. Work on your spelling, punctuation, and grammar. Your post was difficult to read.

Second, you admit to knowing this guy doesn't sound so great...why do you want him? Does this happen often?

Also, seconding what kiri said. So some guy didn't like you, even though you liked him. It happens. It will happen again. Getting all bent out of shape and whining like a little girl (yes, that it what you sounded like to me, some petty junior high/high school girl).

I've encountered little girls like this before...they tend to think that just because they have boobs and a pussy, all men should like them, or think they are attractive. That doesn't happen. We real men don't treat every woman like a princess...we treat them like just another person. If we don't really like you, we're not gonna spend time with you.

How old are you, btw?

Reread your post. If I'm understanding this right, you hung out in person once, or not at all...and 3 fucking months later, you're still hung up on this guy?!? Think about this: What does this say about you?

Last edited: May 8, 2008
  21. JohnJohnJohnson

JohnJohnJohnson Effetely Sipping My Latte OT Supporter

nerd :love:

22. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

:bowrofl:

How old are you all?

23. bunnyblueeyes

bunnyblueeyes New Member

it's better to have found that out before you got involved. as for your friend, well, keep your friends close and your enemies closer...

Don't worry bout him or her and start using the power of being a woman to find what you really want in a guy/partner!

24. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

Just curious, what does this mean?

25. bunnyblueeyes

bunnyblueeyes New Member

it means women are pyschic, we always know when were going to get laid :)