SRS Best Friend no more?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Vay, Mar 21, 2005.

1. Vay

Vay New Member

Ok I have had this best friend since 1st grade. I have known him for 14 years, and at this point I am about to just give it up. Okay well I was dating this one girl for 9 months I broke up with her because she was a slut I found out. Well my friend comes back from another state, and we hang out, ect. Well he started to hang out with my ex which is ok since I hang out with her as well still.

Well now he is acting like a total moron which I can not even stand it any more. He lies to my face, and just makes me want to just hit him. I just can not handle it no more personally, and not sure what to do. Should I just give up 14 years worth of friendship for him being a jackass and a moron?

:bash:

2. Vay

Vay New Member

Also I guess I should state he did not start acting this way until he started to hang out with my ex. Personally I think I should just give up, because of the BS. :(

3. JumboJym69

JumboJym69 New Member

I've been through a similar situation man, stuff like this really makes you question who your friends really are/who they have been the whole time. The way I look at it is that if this guy is your "friend" he would respect you enough not to do something that is going to hurt you. By the same token, if you consider yourself to be his friend you should be a man about it and confront him with how you feel before you make a decision like this one.

4. stile

stile New Member

why are you hanging out with your ex?

5. Vay

Vay New Member

See I do not care if he wants to go out with her, and he even said he does not want to. Though his actions says different then what he is telling me. I just have a problem with him keep lying to me, and other stuff.

Also why I am hanging out with my ex girl friend is because she is still a good friend of mine just like all of my other ex girl friends I hang out with.

6. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Nah you know Vay guys act werd when girls are around, i gues your ex managed to switch a button in his head. Which made him a flippo.

But i would just keep your friendship and just take a long deep breathe while he goes thru this fase it something he most likely will snap out after some time.

7. Vay

Vay New Member

Well today he just go to me where I could not stand it. So when we playing pool I just left without saying anything to him right when I was leaving. I just had it where I can not even stand to be near him now. Maybe if he does not hang around he for a bit he will change his problems.

8. CopenKagan

CopenKagan OT Supporter

Dude, just talk to him. Let him know whats going on and that you want it to stop. It's in his court after that.

9. Vay

Vay New Member

Yup that is what I did tonight in fact. I told him it, and will see what will happen.

10. Vay

Vay New Member

Plus now I feel like shit as well since this whole month has been going down hill. I just feel like I just want to jump off a damn cliff at this point. I think this is the worst month in my whole life. :(

11. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Don't worry this storm will pass too. I had a best friend for 10 years and then quitted with him.

I learned that ' if you visit eachother only to have arguments and fights each and every time you see eachother ' then it's best to be not with eachother at all.

After i quitted i felt relieved, and im doing better ever since 'qua stress levels' . I advice you to do the same.

12. Vay

Vay New Member

Well it has been a couple of days and for some odd reason he is acting very immature. He keeps doing prank calls on my cell phone and my home phone (caller id). Though it is from my ex cell phone. Then when I called her phone to ask her and him why they doing that they hung up on me.

So looks like I am going to have to block her phone number.

13. CopenKagan

CopenKagan OT Supporter

I agree 100%. I had a friend for almost 8 years, he was my best friend in the whole world.

I had a car that he wanted to buy, I was in between a rock and a hard spot so I had to sell it and he couldn't afford to buy it. He hasn't talked to me since, all over 4000lbs of steel and rubber.

I got over it. I'm sure he did, too. Just one of those things in life that happens.