Best Finance Program?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by verbal, Aug 6, 2008.

1. verbal

verbal Active Member

I'm looking for something to keep track of my finances. What do you guys use?

I'm considering signing up with Mint.com, but I'm leary about it being on the internet. I'd rather have something on my computer. Syncing to the iPhone would be a plus.

2. JCrev

JCrev Where is your god now? OT Supporter

I use Ibank and it has the ability to sync with your iphone. There are a few other programs that have prettier interfaces but I find that ibank works the best for me.

http://www.iggsoftware.com/ibank/

3. hurleyint1386

hurleyint1386 Someone has sand in their vagina

:werd:

4. Blair

Blair New Member

im happy with mint.com and i dont have to manually input transactions. just tidy up once in a while.

5. Raider007

Raider007 om nom nom nom

clearcheckbook.com

i like it :)

6. verbal

verbal Active Member

iBank can sync with the iPhone? On their site it says it can sync with .mac which is iPhone accessable.

I can't decide between Mint or iBank. I would rather enter data in myself instead of Mint grabbing it for me.

How detailed is data entry in iBank? If i want to see a graph of my food spending, can I get a graph that shows how much I spend at which restaurants? Or even see how much I spend in tips?

7. JCrev

JCrev Where is your god now? OT Supporter

You'r right it doesn't directly sync with the iphone but creates a website on .mobileme which is accessible from your iphone.

The charting features of iBank are pretty impressive you can chose which accounts and which categories you want to see charted.

As for entering the data, what I usually do is download the .qif file from my bank and credit card company and then make adjustments from there so I don't have to enter everything myself. I've been using it for quite a while now so the auto-import rules catch most transactions and put them in the correct categories so I rarely have to change things.

8. The1Ash10

The1Ash10 Active Member

:werd: I use iBank and it's :bowdown: